Looking to add to the collection Good Bad or Ugly

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Hutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

I had a mid 60's Fender Blackface Twin from My dad's Bouzoki playing buddy on loan to me while he went away to "college" . I then got a 1972 Fender Silverface Twin that went thru the wars with me way back including the infamous blown transformer with the smoke and blue and orange flame coming out from the back of the amp . Then I modernized with a 1998 Fender Prosonic which was the best of Fender with reverb and a sort of Marshall type channel with the Celstion 10's which actually was decent and fun . Then I got a Vintage 1962 Brown Tolex Fender Super with a really nice tube vibrato , and lastly the 2011 Fender Supersonic with 2 12 Celestion Vintage 30 which was okay but the Reverb would not work at the volume levels that I was using and get this Fender admitted to me this was a design flaw as this thing screeched like crazy with the volume turned up even just a little bit . Thank God for Marshall 2555X !

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  2. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

all very nice amps indeed.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.