lady gaga, someone should ban this stupid bitch

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by scat7s, Dec 13, 2013.

1. SmokeyDopey

SmokeyDopey Well-Known Member VIP Member

Metallica's album "Load"... Isn't that blood and semen on the cover?

2. Marshall Art

Marshall Art New Member

If that's the case then it would be a really short thread because at this point I think the general consensus is that idiots like this will do anything during their 15 mins to try vainly to stay on top.

3. chuckelator

chuckelator Well-Known Member

You're actually a bit off base with your thoughts on her demographic. I appreciate Gaga quite a bit actually, and honestly, I find her demo tends to be mid-20's women and gay men (I'm not gay myself, my girlfriend forced me to listen against my own free will about 2 years ago, and found myself digging a few of her tunes)

She does exactly what she wants, she writes her own music, her lyrics, etc, and she can sing her ass off without the help of studio magic, granted, her ideas need the help of producers and other musicians to be brought to life, but then again, who doesn't need that from time to time? I know my band wouldn't have been as good as we were if it were just one person's input.

She's one hell of a pianist as well. If she didn't have some sort of musical validity, then why would a GIANT like Elton John see so much in her and appreciate her as much as he does?

The people who don't get it or don't care for her stylings, fine... I get that. But to bash her like she was some souless, talentless crap? I think you're missing the point.

By the way...her new record that just came out, some really sharp stuff on there. Some of its not to my liking, sure (it's not my first pick of genre to listen to) but some of it is really quite good.

4. chuckelator

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4ICwgZiBs]Lady Gaga's solo piano performance of The Edge Of Glory on Howard Stern Show - YouTube[/ame]

and you mean to tell me this isn't beautiful?

solarburnDSL50 and Adwex like this.
  5. chuckelator

And if you listen to both of the interviews she did on the Stern show, she comes off as incredibly grounded (albeit eccentric) and honest about her life and her music. She's a fascinating figure in my opinion.

Adwex likes this.
  6. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Per Forbes, as of June, 2013:
    #45 Top 100 powerful women
    [​IMG]

Lady Gaga

Earnings: $80 M As of June 2013
    At a Glance

• Musician,Philanthropist
    • Source of Wealth: Music
    • Residence: New York, NY
    • Country of Citizenship: United States
    • Education: Drop Out, New York University
    • Marital Status: Single

Forbes Lists

Celebrity 100

She would have earned even more had it not been for a hip injury that cut her Born This Way Ball Tour short. The tour grossed $168 million through January; had Gaga been able to finish the tour, she would have likely topped $200 million. Even so, her massive social media presence, including 38 million Twitter followers and 58 million Facebook fans, helps keep her near the top of their list. With a new album in the works, look for her to stay there.
    Besides huge amounts of her personal time, she donated around 3.5 million bucks to causes ranging from Alzheimer's research to LGBT causes.
    And your year, so far?
    [​IMG]
    Biddlin ;>)/

chuckelator likes this.
  7. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I didn't know she was on the Forbes list!! Oh boy, now I'm on board. Gaga is great.....oh wait...she's still behind Angelina Jolie...maybe she's not so great after all.

the forbes list.lol.

8. Biddlin

And other than Megan's list, you're on?

9. TwinACStacks

TwinACStacks New Member

:cool: Oh. Okay then, Nevermind.

:cool::cool: TWIN

10. scat7s

scat7s New Member VIP Member

no, actually you are.

the numbers are on page 1. not my numbers, some beancounters numbers...agenda free source.

11. scat7s

scat7s New Member VIP Member

haha...i mention that b/c everyone is chippin in with this and that, but most posts dont address what i brought it up for.

i guess its just where we are. my social calibration is a bit behind the times.

12. Adwex

Adwex New Member

I like this backstage a capella clip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD3J1kFkva8]Lady Gaga - Born This Way Acapella - YouTube[/ame]

13. chuckelator

14. DBI5

DBI5 Well-Known Member

"Lady Gaga Syndrome (LGS) is a newly identified mental disorder that is prominent among bi-curious, drug addled teenagers, with a penchant for MTV and generic synth-pop.

The condition exclusively afflicts fans of androgynous pop anomaly Lady Gaga, hence the syndrome is named after her. The most consistent symptom associated with the disorder is an insuppressible need/desire to compare musicians of past, present and future with Lady Gaga.

Many researchers have proposed that the condition is merely a sub-form of musical ignoramusism, if so this condition represents a new frontier as many sufferers demonstrate a complete lack of awareness of the existence of music prior to Lady Gaga's rise to fame.

As of right now, her global fame shows no signs of diminishing, despite the attempts of numerous assasins and the fact that she has only three hit songs, meaning she has the highest hits to fame ratio since Vanilla Ice."

[​IMG]

Lo-Tek likes this.
  15. Adwex

Adwex New Member

You're right, sorry.

I do think she sends mixed messages as a role model. Part of her message is "be yourself", and she's very "anti-bullying", I think she was bullied or ridiculed when she was younger. But her method of expressing herself, while stylish and "artsy", can be rather trashy and risque.

16. brp

brp Well-Known Member

The Witch by the cast of her eye sends forth a Malefick Venome into the Bewitched to cast him into a fit, and therefore the touch of the hand doth by sympathy cause that venome to return into the Body of the Witch again

17. Biddlin

BTW-I think the title speaks volumes about the misogynistic preconceptions of the OP.
    Just sayin.
    Biddlin ;>)/

18. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

The title of the thread is tongue in cheek, and really wasn't about her per se. We've all taken it off topic into a discussion on her as an artist, which was not the intent of the thread.

19. blade3

blade3 New Member

Yeah okay
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e9NbmVnUTA]Michael Jackson Parody In Living Color Am I Black Or White (Very Funny) - YouTube[/ame]

20. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member