Kendrick Caldonia

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by myersbw, Sep 21, 2019.

1. myersbw

myersbw Well-Known Member

Well, I had kept a Doc Z SRZ65 for quite a while. But, it was just too powerful for my needs. So, finally I happened across an amp that, after the more I explored...the more I wanted it!

This is a one-off 1992 Kendrick Caldonia. It's a Deluxe 5e3 build with a full tone stack, master volume, a pair of JBL LE8T in a Fender reverb cab...and, cool tweed tones that you can dial in to taste!

It has no serial number...no model number...no name. You won't find Caldonia if you search for it. The story is...as it had no reference...I wrote recently to Gerald and told him my predicament of having to describe the amp as there was no name, etc. And, thus I asked him if he would mind naming it for me to simplify questions about it. So...he did! After 27 years, the lil devil now has a name....Caldonia...after the song James Brown recorded about an ex-girlfriend!

So...here's the little beast! I'm really loving this amp!

2. CoyotesGator

CoyotesGator Well-Known Member

The Institute for the Very, Very, Very Nervous
    Wow!

What a neat amp.

Tell us more.

What do those LE8T’s sound like?

myersbw likes this.
  3. myersbw

The LE8T's? Well, the fella I got it from didn't like them, but I thought they were fabulous! That PRS has 5708's in it...those really bring out the Fender in that amp. Nice full tone...breakup cleans that are dreamy. It does need some tubes. Can't wait to spruce it up to full working order. But, it sounds great as-is. And, yes, they are the original speakers.

CoyotesGator likes this.
  4. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

That looks like a kickass little amp.

myersbw likes this.
  5. myersbw

It really turned out to be. The tone is so rich and the tone stack works very well. I just opened the master up wide and left it there. Love it!

Wildeman and CoyotesGator like this.