KATANA HEAD. 100/50/.05

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by mtm105, Jul 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM.

1. mtm105

mtm105 Well-Known Member

Seems like a nice toy. I've read reviews peeps think its BETTER than Kemper. Other reviews BETTER than the Code.

$250 used it's a LOT of amplification. Unlike most Solid States, you have to wait a few seconds for amp to warm up. BOSS Mods usually suck tone. Delay and Reverb good.

If you have a tone in mind, you'll likely find it here. Blindfold comparisons not sure, yet. It's simple enough and that is what works for me. Too complicated, I'm lost...

It's something I like to play around with, before going back and forth between my boutiques.

upload_2019-7-14_8-48-23.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM
  2. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member

At $250 Better than a 2k kemper? I wouldn't bet on than..but a cool amp on the cheap no doubt.

I know not the 100, but I bought the Katana 50 combo at the Pawnshop for $107 out the door. No regrets for the price. Has some good tones in it, effects are good. I haven't tried any downloads yet but just running with the factory defaults I can get some decent sounds. Not going to replace any of my tube amps but for a take outside on the deck amp works very well.

I had a code 50 combo for a while and it was a buzzy rattle trap with any volume, and just poorly physically constructed. This Katana seems way better built than the code. They may have the same innards I don't know, as I haven't looked inside the Boss yet, but the inclosure seems to be built way stouter, and doesn't sound like it's ready to explode when you turn up the volume.

mtm105 likes this.