JVM JS - Mark my words

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Australian, Jun 9, 2019.

1. bigbadorange

bigbadorange Active Member

I have to admit ever since someone commented to me that Staches music sounded like the backround music for an 80s workout montage, I just can't get it out of my head.

MarshallDog likes this.
  2. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

And your original music is better...right?

3. Neil Skene

Neil Skene Well-Known Member

His control is up there with the very few elite and I too find melody and feel in his playing. When he plays simple chords it just sounds awesome (something many guitarist can't do) Sometimes I find the people who are music theory genius lose us simple folk a little with all that super cool technical blending. A bit like I see Jazz music.
    I really like Circles listening to that is just amazing, especially when you hear the stark contrast of someone else attempting it.

4. texhex

texhex Well-Known Member

peterplexi, Holzar88 and Neil Skene like this.
  5. Sir Don

Sir Don Well-Known Member

I sure like him, the JVM Satriani is an awesome amp also.

6. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Disparaging musicians is ok because they dare not hide behind keyboards in anonymity?

Let me guess, you never share any of your own art? That def makes it easier to trash others.
    Because it is inherently distasteful, esp on a forum for fellow musicians.

Everyone’s opinion doesn’t matter—society has just brainwashed people into thinking it does.

No one cares what you don’t like.

I’m in a couple low level bar bands—have been for decades. Never once had negative local press. Not once. People are usually incredibly appreciative and supportive.

Of course, they aren’t anonymous.

7. Trumpet Rider

Trumpet Rider Well-Known Member

I think Joe sounds a bit sterile and clinical in his studio recordings, at least the two that I have owned. Live, however, he is vibrant and has as much feeling and emotion in his playing as any of his peers.

I had "Surfing With the Alien" and "Engines of Creation" on CD (got rid of both because I didn't like them). Both of them had one or two songs that I liked, but overall the records sounded like Joe was just wailing over a pre-recorded keyboard/bass/drum machine track. It was all very mechanical sounding.

I have seen him live a couple of times, and I have two G3 concert DVD's. When he is playing with a real band in front of an audience, the effect is completely organic and very human. He is a very highly technical player but his tones and tunes and approach live are extremely entertaining and engaging.

peterplexi, neikeel and dptone5 like this.
  8. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

Between Satriani and Vai i always thought Satriani had more soul in his playing. I felt Vai was more flash and always trying to shock you with some new technique he mastered. They both have a few tunes here and there i wish i had wrote but none the less they both are making money playing music its more then i can say. Both of em have quality signature gear also more then i can say.

9. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Wow, guess i took a major dump in your Satchriani corn flakes eh?

First off i am not anonymous, look at my sig- there is contact info readily available.

No one cares what i don't like and no one cares whether you like what i posted or not, same difference isn't it? Nice try lecturing me about not liking someones music and then you turn around and do the same exact thing post a dislike of someone's opinion.

As far as sharing i have posted a few clips and jammed for free in front of more people than i can count, does that matter at all?

Thought police are not needed here.

MarshallDog likes this.
  10. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

:funny: :rofl: I care what you dont like :D

peterplexi likes this.
  11. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Well...I dont care for them or their signature gear and nor do I care for their music, it gives me a phucking headache in about 5 minutes of listening to it like sticking your head in a bee hive filled with pissed off bees...especially Vai's!!!! Yes they can play and are talented and yes I wish I was that good, making money playing and having my own sig gear.

neikeel likes this.
  12. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

I like Satriani. I like those cheap Ibanez guitars too.

I also like Anitoli's post.

13. Harlequin tusk

Harlequin tusk Well-Known Member

I love Joes playing and his style, a local LOng Island boy, seen him many times! Met him also, very humble and cool, got backstage paases from his MOM..shes deceased now. However the last show I saw was at the Tilles Center in Brookville Li (CW Post Campus), he was great but didn't really care for his band ( Mike Keneally's band) He should go back to Campitelli on Drums, Stu Hamm on bass! Check out this very old concert, plenty of soul here for me..... To each his own.

love this song "circles"

I love his tone in this concert, was using a plexi at the time, show started very late.

14. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

Indeed. I own the JVM410HJS and it's an excellent amp. I don't care who does or doesn't play it, for me it's a great amp. Adios amigos... :iough:

15. bigbadorange

bigbadorange Active Member

Oh hell no. When my wife puts on her 80s "lets get physical outfit" she thinks my music sucks and goes for the JS.

[​IMG]

16. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Nope, not a huge fan myself but I have seen him 3 times. Hell of a player. And he looked like he was having a blast every tim, which I really appreciate

Nothing personal, I just hate musician bashing. I’d sing the same song if someone started a thread about you and your work. I’m no snowflake but we have enough negativity in this world and us guitar players need to stick together IMO. When I was in my 20s bands got $1500-2k if they could pack a bar. Now it’s half that. And damn few can eke out a living selling their work anymore thanks to streaming.

If you don’t like it, that’s cool. But if you do like it, let people know. Go to shows. Buy a t-shirt. Paris Fing Hilton gets more for a DJ appearance than Satch could get. And I’d rather see Satch lol.

17. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Vai's direct influence is Zappa, you can tell by his style of playing and the selection of notes he uses... That was all Zappa's fingerprint all over it...

Satriani was great when I first heard of his materials in the 80's, especially with the wiggle stick wankery tricks... My first guitar had no Floyd Rose, so his technique was totally alien to my ears....

I've grown old and my choice changed over time...

18. Georgiatec

Georgiatec Well-Known Member VIP Member

He's great no doubt about it....trouble is, I like great vocals and a song that means summat when I go to watch a band, not just stand there with a stupid half hypnotised grin on my face.
    :shrug:

19. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member VIP Member

20. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

So you’ve never been to a G3. I love vocals too, but Satriani, Vai and Petrucci had me all the way. It was at a great venue-not too big.