Just Arrived: JJECC823 designated for JVM205..

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Adrian R, Jan 14, 2020 at 6:34 PM.

1. Adrian R

Adrian R Well-Known Member

Okay... finally came in the mail today. Ordered in last week from fleabay...

I have placed it in V1 and it did pretty much what I have been told and as advertised.

It's a nice upgrade to the amp. I was a bit worried about JJ preamp tubes as I've always found them a bit too dark for my liking...

As expected, it is darker sounding compared to my other preamp tubes (Tungsol, RFT, GE, Raytheon, Shuguang) but it does allow me to use much more of the amp's preamp control without getting muddy. Very nice... it allows the amp to get more natural low frequencies and punch without having to use the resonance control which is something I only like partially...

It was well worth the $17.00 investment.

Thanks to the other members...I think Jethro...(forgive me if I forgot the name) whom mentioned this to me.

2. Bloodrock

Bloodrock Well-Known Member

Glad you’re digging it bro! :dude:

Mitchell Pearrow and Adrian R like this.
  3. solarburnDSL50

solarburnDSL50 Well-Known Member

:eddie:

Cool tube. I run one in V1 and then 2 12AY7's in V2 & V3 of my Bugera. Quiets the front end of my 1990I yet I still have saturation and punch. I even put 6V6's in just to lower some overall volume. I like to be at least half way into the power section for some tonal girth when I spank.:drool:

Nah whatta mean?

Mitchell Pearrow and Adrian R like this.
  4. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

If you were to try an ECC823 in a DSL40CR what position would it be.
    Might V1 make the volume difference between Clean and Crunch more prominent, or is that the ECC832?
    Cheers.