Jose Arredondo 1977 Amp Surfaces In Bay Area Abandoned Studio

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Steven Stone, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Exactly, I'm with you on this, its possible something like that could have happened. :yesway:

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  2. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member

No offense intended. It's The world we live in, scams abound and people are on alert..hence the scepticism. like I said if true awesome. And The Jose Marshall is nothing compared to the rest of the stuff.

3. charveldan

charveldan Well-Known Member

Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

*** FOR THE RECORD ALL MARSHALL AMPS HAVE CIRCUITS .... now im taking my toys & going home.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.
  4. Buzzard

Buzzard Well-Known Member

I'm not sittin through this shit.Does he show the amp or not?

5. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member

You gots ta hit da u toob bra.

6. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

If you claimed this gear sat untouched for even 3 years, I wouldn't believe it. Most of what's in this studio looks like it was cleaned, just prior to shooting. The headphones on the piano bench look fairly new to me. This isn't a hermetically sealed space, so there would be visible surface debris everywhere. Notice how the speakers show a layer of debris, yet the vast majority of items do not. This is not an untouched/abandoned studio. Enough of that.

This space looks similar to the studio of the person who sold me two '72 Marshall half-stacks. The gear belonged to his dad who had recently passed away. I'll assume the situation with this studio is something similar. A lot of us are dying-off, so these types of "finds" will pop-up from time to time as the years roll-on.

7. stringtree

stringtree Well-Known Member

Any musician that goes to that length to accumulate that amount of gear, recording equipment, and music itself in its various forms, would not abandon it, at least not willingly. I would think someone in this persons circle of friends and family members would know of it.

All this gear and such, is not like furniture that one would leave behind. Gear to a musician, is a very big deal.

It seems more emphasis is put towards a show, Analog Studio Barnfinds Episode...than a person really interested in sharing the love of gear and music....

The above is leading, and filled with baiting.... implying simple fact, followed by posing questions to peek further interest.

(The fact this amp is in a recording studio, there are stacks of tapes from the 1970's,

it's certainly possible that that amp was played by some great players over the years.

Wouldn't it be cool to find out? Maybe the amp was in LA for years, NYC, London. Who knows? Who is saying the amp is going to make someone play better?)

(There are still locked steel cabinets in the studio. Maybe there are receipts in there... track sheets, more tapes, pots of gold, I have no idea. I'll get to it when I get to it.)

Who does not open a locked steel cabinet period, let alone in a studio...followed by more baiting.... Who says such a thing, I"ll get to it when I get to it.. Your answers and actions just don't follow natural human behavior.

For me, it just raises red flags..

If its all true, so be it....

8. marshallmellowed

marshallmellowed Well-Known Member

Wow, rough crowd. I'm not in a position to pass judgement on this "find", based on mm of dust accumulation... Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt. There are crazier things in this world than finding a building on some property with some old musical gear. Could have been somebody's kid's musical playhouse. Any photos of the building "up on the hill" from outside?

Petri358, wakjob and Dogs of Doom like this.
  9. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

10. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

still... it costs nothing. You can easily turn the channel if you don't want to follow this guy's story, or don't like the way he has chosen to present it...

There's plenty of other threads that might interest you.

Let's just comment on the gear in the story & not attack the person please...

11. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

This is but one of thousands of YT channels, specifically constructed for the purpose of generating income. I'm not dogging anyone for making a profit, only the way in which they make it. So far, he's managed to bait 29 subscribers. If you're content with frittering away the day with this sort of nonsense, have fun watching.

Did your YouTube Reel Tapes page title come to you before, or after this incredible find?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    stringtree likes this.
  12. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

I am not here to pass judgment, I am here out of curiosity, and I plan on following this thread! Cheers

13. Buzzard

Buzzard Well-Known Member

I don’t give shiit

14. bigbadorange

bigbadorange Active Member

This guy posted the same shit on thegearpage. And got the same reaction....setup/staged.

67Mopar likes this.
  15. charveldan

charveldan Well-Known Member

Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
    Thats because it is ...

67Mopar likes this.
  16. marshallmellowed

marshallmellowed Well-Known Member

You tards are ruining the whole mystical "studio barnfind" vibe. :mad2:
    Me likey special story bout special amps and stuff. :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  17. Steven Stone

Steven Stone Member

I have a friend in the Bay Area who is an amp tech, and he was over the other day and looked down into the Marshall from the top and noticed another service sticker inside with some more info on the Mod work. We haven't opened it up yet, but will soon. He suggested doing some testing on it with a variac before firing it up... testing caps and tubes etc. Makes sense to me. I can't get up there everyday, so I can only do what I can do when time is available. Trying to finish up the 1921 piano restoration. Just about done with that. The Fender Bassman amp has checked out and we found a really cool vintage guitar cabinet with a pair of 12" greenback Jensen's in there. They sound stellar for cleaner guitar tones running an old stratocaster through the bassman and into the Jensen cab. But I am certainly looking forward to the Marshall amp getting fired up. Will be interesting to do a straight up comparison between the Strat and Les Paul.

18. Steven Stone

Steven Stone Member

I noticed a whole stack of old Scorpions albums in there. It will be fun to hear that stuff again. I always liked their live album from from Japan.

19. Steven Stone

Steven Stone Member

What was The Beatles last line.... "And in the end, the love you make is equal to the love you take". I'll share this journey through the past, restore in the present, and hope good things happen here in the future. I'm going to stay positive.

20. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

Seems a lot of effort to go to in order to get a few people to watch YouTube. Just show a vid of your kitten chasing a ball of wool you can get hundreds of thousands of views. Jus sayin.

stringtree likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.