Joe Walsh Interviews

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by CraigP, Aug 16, 2019.

1. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

Poor fella. I find that if you run the uTube vids of his interviews in 1.5 speed, he "almost" sounds normal. Wealth of tonal knowledge but you can tell he's lived the storybook rock-n-roll lifestyle.

DaDoc and MarshallDog like this.
  2. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

I heard an interview with Stevie Nicks where she said Joe Walsh was for her the love of her life but due to the fact they were both so fucked up from drug use that it was an unsustainable relationship.
    Having seen how difficult it is as a non user trying to keep a relationship with an addict I can just imagine 2 of them both with pots of money and giant egos....

DaDoc, Trelwheen and CraigP like this.
  3. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention that CraigP, there's also a lot of people in everyday life that I find myself finishing their sentences or thoughts for because of the agonizing drawn out pace they speak at. At risk of not being PC I dare say this worsens for me traveling South here in America from here in NY and again when traveling North!
    I so feel your pain. Maybe we just want spoken words to keep pace with the thinking mind?? I dunno bud..

Joe can often come across like an easy target because of his manner of speech & chronicled years of crazy partying. Yet there is a deeper understanding to be had & perhaps it might be important to note a few things. Here are what I see as perhaps a few of the most formative..

Joe's father died in active duty when Joe was only 20 months old.

Joe's was raised by his mother who was a classical pianist & musicologist that studied & practiced all the time.

Joe's earliest influence came from his mother and 1950's AM radio with notable mention given to Les Paul & Mary Ford.

Here's a decent interview Joe did on Steven Colbert..

Here's one of the more informative & cognitively 'level' interviews Joe gave..

DaDoc and CraigP like this.
  4. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

I have an old instructional DVD of his that must have been done while he was still staying wasted. A informative and entertaining watch, and he has an awesome sense of humor! And even though he's obviously pretty f*cked up throughout the vid, he still knows his stuff when it comes to gear, tone, and songwriting.

I've seen more recent interviews and shows he's been doing since he cleaned up, the sense of humor's still there, only now he's much more coherent! :thumb:

Don't want to turn the thread political, but something a lot of people may not know about is that he ran for president back in the 70's..Kind of a joke thing actually, he promised "Free gas for everyone! :lol:

I like Joe, I think he's cool as hell! I would love to hang out with him and argue about politics or whatever..:D

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    CraigP likes this.
  5. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

Joe Walsh is a survivor.

I like him.

6. Nik Henville

Nik Henville Well-Known Member

Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion
    Joe
    is very
    high on my
    list of influential players.

Adore the very bones of the man - he is a legend.
    The James Gang in "Zachariah" back in '71 was where I first fell under his spell...

DaDoc, CraigP and MarshallDog like this.
  7. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Its amazing he can still sing/perform! Interesting he talks sloooow but can sing faster and can remember the lyrics!!

I do love his work and hes still cool in my book!!!

8. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

9. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

Definitely been through the ringer and still down to earth and a superb fellow. I would love to have a sit down with him over coffee (but honestly, would probably be at a loss for words).

DaDoc, MarshallDog and Nik Henville like this.
  10. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

Yep, helluva player/writer and honestly, seems like a really cool dude in these interviews....so weird to think back and remember the Eagles wound up hating each other at some point in time, guess booze, drugs, ego's and youth can screw up most anything if given enough space. He seems like he'd be a blast to know personally.

11. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Joe said he avoided most of that by staying neutral like Switzerland & taking the position of 'You guys decide'.
    Seems pretty smart to me.

DaDoc, CraigP and Derek S like this.
  12. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

"Laguna Salada"..Helluva fun tune to play, especially through a Marshall! :D

Nik Henville likes this.