JMP-1 Voodo Mod

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by AC_inacornfield, Feb 7, 2011.

1. AC_inacornfield

AC_inacornfield Member

Just wondering if anyone has had there JMP-1 modded by Voodo Amps. Give me the good and the bad. Since I keep seeing their name pop up here and there I have been thinking about sending mine in. But Some feedback from someone that has had theirs modded would be great.

2. LesPaulopolis

LesPaulopolis New Member

What's "missing" in the stock format, and what do you wish to "improve"?

3. ReiGnMaN

ReiGnMaN Active Member

look up mightymo on youtube... he has a REAL detailed video playing through one with different settings... He's a MONSTER player and gives a really thorough review... not a 15 yr old on a shaky handycam.. quality footage/review.

4. rustyrat

rustyrat New Member

No but I had my 800 done there. Great job! My amps sounds great. no issues for over a year now. That amp was toasted when I brought it in.
    RR

5. highenuff

highenuff New Member

I had my DSL 50 modded by Voodoo about two years ago and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM...Call Trace and talk to him, they are great to work with!!

I liked the DSL prior to the mod....but since the mod I LOVE MY MODDED DSL!!

More usable gain...better cleans....simply put...AWESOME!

6. AC_inacornfield

AC_inacornfield Member

Wow thanks everyone for your input! I like the tones this preamp puts out now but I would like to clean the noise up a bit. Also would like to see if it could improve the sound any. Reading there description they have on their site it would seem that they really pimp your amp out and get that sound you have in your head. But was just hoping that someone that has had their JMP-1 modded could give feedback on what they thought. Thanks Reignman for the Mightmo suggestion!

7. ReiGnMaN

ReiGnMaN Active Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhdtC_vmxFc]YouTube - Voodoo Amps Marshall JMP-1 mod[/ame]

Incase you didn't find it I looked it up for you... Maurice I believe is the players name.... AWESOME player, very tastey licks and really demo's the crap out of it.. Check it out.... Consider it a favor for not wanting Lee Van Cleef to harass me for not being further help to ya.

8. eljeffebrown

eljeffebrown New Member

Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
    I didn't even know you could Mod a JMP-1. what the hell can you do to 'em?

9. AC_inacornfield

AC_inacornfield Member

Well Voodoo Amps description says that they can clean up some of the noise, Tighten the bottom end, get better tones at lower vol. Plus a bunch of other things too. Marshall JMP-1 Preamp