Jcm800 Reverb Into Volume Boost

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Benny Meerstra, Jun 9, 2018.

?

Is it possible to mod the reverb of my jcm800 with a volume boost? So i can footswitch solo volume.

1. Mod

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Reverb

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Benny Meerstra

Benny Meerstra New Member

Is it possible to mod the jcm800 reverb with more volume? So i can switch with the original footswitch to boost solo's incl. reverb?

2. EastTexas

EastTexas Member

Which JCM800 are we talking about?

3. Benny Meerstra

4212 combo 1988

4. EastTexas

EastTexas Member

Okay, if I understand, you want to step on a switch and have a volume boost and reverb added simultaneously for leads? If you have a dual footswitch, you can already do that by going from the clean channel to the boost chanel and turning on the reverb at the same time. Or, if you are in the dirty channel to start with, use a clean boost pedal and then step on the reverb switch. Either way, you are going to have to stomp 2 switches. If you want the amp to get louder when you turn the amp's reverb on, that is a major circuit redesign that I have never heard of anyone doing. Or am I misunderstanding what you are wanting to do?

5. artiewylde

artiewylde Member

https://www.award-session.com/solobooster.html
    If you want a solo boost, you need something like this. Its a master volume.
    When it is on, the volume is engaged, so you dial in your rhythm volume...then when switched "off" it allows full volume. No mod necessary. Lifesaver for me. Easy build also.

6. Benny Meerstra

When using the drive channal the only way to boost the solo's is by using the effects loop, any other pedal in front the preamp only boost the amouth of drive. Right now i use a Radial Bigshot booster with 2 long cables in the send/return. Also a guitarcable to the amp and a footswitch cable. I want less cables.
    I heard about a "ice cube" they used time ago, little mod that came in place of the spring reverb. But this didnt give a clean boost but more drive to a amp.
    If its posible to create a volume boost to the reverb i can swipe two cables, a pedal, have less signal loss and by pussing one button a loud solo with reverb.