It's A Girl!!!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by crossroadsnyc, Jan 2, 2018.

1. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

Lol, exactly my reaction :lol:

Coronado and mcblink like this.
  2. crossroadsnyc

Again, totally my thoughts as of now … subject to change at game time.

Coronado likes this.
  3. Coronado

Coronado Well-Known Member

Fkg CRYING!!!! :rofl:

mcblink likes this.
  4. Coronado

Coronado Well-Known Member

"Keep pushing baby, you are doing great!". Had to call her back when cell coverage got spotty. Does that make me a bad dad? :D

CoyotesGator and crossroadsnyc like this.
  5. crossroadsnyc

:lol:

6. SonVolt

SonVolt Well-Known Member VIP Member

One of the primary benefits of a C-Section is that the bowling ball never passes through the water hose... My wife had a Cesarean and nothing changed "down there" at all. Hallelujah.

mcblink likes this.
  7. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

I got to watch the C section procedure standing beside the doped up wife's - very cool and surprising! When they made the first incision about 4" wide I'm thinking 'just a preliminary cut' - nope. They stuck in some stretchers and WHOMP! they stretched it out to a 'yank that critter outta there!' hole.

My ex would have benefitted from a natural stretching her out birth...

Russ

8. GIBSON67

GIBSON67 Well-Known Member

Just request a drawstring...in case you want more Chillren...

9. crossroadsnyc

Well, it looks like we're spending the night … Mom & baby are perfectly healthy, but it's taking a long time with labor, so we're probably looking at her arriving sometime tomorrow. This is going to be a long process for our first time.

10. LPMarshall hack

LPMarshall hack Well-Known Member

Pre-Congrats Cross!

crossroadsnyc likes this.
  11. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

t's & p's for quick & easy...

12. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

here is to a very healthy baby girl. :cheers:

13. crossroadsnyc

After 24+ hours in labor, she finally relented and opted to take the pain medication this morning, and it's helped tremendously. Realizing that this is going to be an extraordinarily long labor / delivery process (by any standards!), I once again encouraged her to listen to her own body, and not worry about having to live up to some standard that she had set for herself. Neither my Mom nor her Mom took medication, so she wanted to follow suit in doing the same, but the process for the both of them was a far cry from what my wife is going through, so listening to her own body and following her own path was absolutely the right decision. We are now finally at the point where the water has broken, and her cervix is now just past 5cm, which is to say we're just past the halfway mark … though, it's our understanding that the next half (up to 10cm) should be considerably faster than what's transpired thus far. Mom and baby are still in great shape, and I guess we're officially on the 2nd half of the countdown. Today will be the day! On a personal note, I'm relieved at the decision she made, as it was just awful watching her in so much pain for so long … there were times when I had to literally look away, as it brought tears to my eyes watching her in pain. I'm really proud of her for doing what she felt was right rather than being stubborn … sometimes plans don't work out as you might think, and the best way to adapt is to make decisions as they come. She's a total f'ing rockstar in my eyes right now.

Coronado, mcblink, SonVolt and 3 others like this.
  14. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

Hang in there poppa! We're [yep, I whipped out the Royal We] are praying for you all!

15. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Heres a great true story of a guy I work with that lives near me that happened (2) summers ago...I'll try to keep it as short as possible.

His wife is pregnant and can go at anytime. They go for a walk during the day. About 3:00 her water breaks and she wants him to take her pic just before he rushes her to the hospital. She gets in the back of his company provided SUV and they speed off, about 30 mins to the hospital and he is break all speed limits, light on, flashers on and blowing the horn. She keeps saying faster you have to get me there and hes flying. She still keeps saying this is not good and you have to get off the highway. So he takes the actual exit that leads to the hospital and he can actually see it a couple blocks away. Shes screaming stop the vehicle and help me GOG dam it. He pulls to the side of the road freaking out. Runs around to the other side opens the door and his wife is bent over doggy style with her ass in his face. She had yoga pants on and shes yelling pull them down. He does and there is the baby starting to come out. Hes freaking, on the side of a not so good area. So the baby boy comes out, blood and stuff everywhere. The baby is not crying or anything which further freaks him out and of course there is the cord. So finally his wife turns around and hes likely tapping the babys face and he starts to wiggle and scream a bit...that good. He hands the baby to her closes the door and then calls 911 and details what just happened. They say we will have an ambulance there in15 min. He says fuck that and he drive to the hospital about 6 minutes. He parks out front runs through the ER Doors and everyone jumps out of his way and are freaked out...its all the blood and shit on his close and body. He explains and they rush out with a bed and get her and the baby taken care of, all is well. He said that when he was finally able to go the the restroom and clean up he laughed when he saw himself in the mirror remembering the looks and actions of the nurses and Drs as they jumped away...he said he looked like a wacked out murderer. Isn't that some story and what a tough little woman. She is petite and cute and she did it all naturally in the back seat of an SUV. I told him as we joked about it, imagine that, conceived and delivered in a back seat no kidding!!! From the time he took the pic of her before they left and the time stamp on his cell when he called 911, it was a total of 34 minutes.

He had to have the interior detailed he said it was disgusting.

16. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

17. CoyotesGator

CoyotesGator Well-Known Member

The Institute for the Very, Very, Very Nervous
  18. crossroadsnyc

19. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Make sure you take tons of pictures through out their life, I have a computer with a big screen in my family room and the screen saver set to scroll through the pictures, I enjoy sitting and watching the slide show any time of the day or night more so than watching TV, my boys are 14, 15 and 21 so I have ALOT of pictures. I only wish I took more video, its a gas to watch! Start the college fund now, 18 years goes by fast! Its $25K a year to go to state school now, its gonna be even more in 18 years!

20. SonVolt

SonVolt Well-Known Member VIP Member

You just responded to a Russian spam-bot.