Is There A Low Watt Class A Fender(ish) Amp Head

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by mtm105, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

:nono: did you come in here just to pick a fight w/ amp?

Doesn't seem like you are adding anything of value to the thread...

2. boola1

boola1 Well-Known Member

He adds no value to most threads he posts on, he sprays his BS round these forums and nothing is done about it.....

I think that if you read this thread, you'll see that I was originally here providing helpful advice

The person who claims to be a 'qualified Fender technician for life' proclaiming a tweed amp was made in 1964 :applause:

http://www.marshallforum.com/threads/fs-1953-fender-tweed-deluxe-5b3.101521/#post-1712077

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  3. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I quoted everything you posted in this thread, both were directed at picking a fight w/ him. If you don't like him, there's the ignore feature, where you won't see his posts...

4. boola1

boola1 Well-Known Member

My mistake, I got mixed up with the other Fender thread posted by the OP.

Too often he gives terrible advice to inexperienced people coming to these forums for help. He speaks like he knows everything while actuallyjust talking BS. People like that should be called out at every opportunity.

If on these forums he is permitted to patronize people, give bad advice like it's the law then he should expect some back from other forum members.

Fender technician for life? Bollocks. Owns a 'shop'? Bollocks

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  5. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

I gotta think "DR. Z" amps offers something VERY Fender class A-ish.

6. Micky

Micky Well-Known Member VIP Member

This is the reason many of the excellent techs that used to be here have left. You just can't fix stupid...

7. Steven Howes

Steven Howes Member

as my co-worker once said. "you can fix stupid... with a vasctomy"

8. printer

printer Member

I question a few posts by AMS, I do have a good electrical background but in another field while I putz around with building tube amps. One such post,

To an uninformed person this would seem to make sense, something on all the time should be faster than something else that has to turn on. Why this makes one more hifi than the other? Who knows? A lot of table radios that were Class A really did not sound too hifi, the Champ which was one of the first amps to break out in the dawn of electric guitars is certainly not hifi, good enough for guitar though. As far as slew rate of an amp, it has to do with how fast a voltage can rise in an amplifier. Whether an amp is Class A or Class AB has nothing to do with an amp's slew rate. It has to do with the speed of the devices and the resistive and capacitive interaction in the amp. The preamp tubes in our amps are all operating in Class A And the output tubes are also for a great portion of the time. The output tubes we use have been also used in Class AB as radio transmitters, way up in radio frequency bands. Being Class A, AB, B, or C has no bearing on the slew rate, the component selection around the tubes in our amps do.

As I am just an infrequent poster here I am not on a crusade to make sure information shared is accurate. But AMS has posted some questionable advice a few times where I thought his expertise didn't rise to the level that he portrays. Which is a shame because he does have a certain level of knowledge.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Micky likes this.
  9. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

Morgan PR5