I wanna talk about diet, but...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by wakjob, Sep 30, 2019.

1. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Do you warm up and stretches before doing any type of workout?

What type of pain do you experience when you workout? Shooting pain? Or something like a muscle tear?

Frankly, I don't do 100 pushups.. I max out at 60 and I do 12 reps of 4 sets to hit that number... Most of my chest workouts are done with dumbbell bench and floor presses, and cable fly.. I dont often do barbell press because it does not help with the chest adduction.. it's the adduction (arm crossing over) that makes the pectoral muscle to contract and grow...

Most of the bad forms I see involving with squats and deadlifts... Ego lifting always bring out the bad forms...

2. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

The beer diet works for me.

wakjob likes this.
  3. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

...aaaaaand that explains a LOT of your posts...:cheers:

4. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

I'm on my living room floor @ 5:30am everyday doing my physical therapy stretches and exercises.

As far as pain goes, it's like a bit of both.
    But mostly the muscle tear kind.

5. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

My posts are very-well thought out :drunk:.

wakjob likes this.
  6. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Well-Known Member

I've managed to drop about 30 pounds since February this year. Nothing drastic diet wise; just cut down on the size of the meat/fish portion in my evening meal and replaced it with much more vegetables to make me feel full. Also cut my evening snack of cheese/crackers or crisps. Started going for long walks at the weekend and using stairs instead of lifts, parking further away from where ever I'm working, so I get a bit more exercise walking to jobs.

Tl;dr Eat less, move more. :)

Unfortunately I've suffered a damaged knee (not related to the exercise) so I'm now only able to walk slowly and limited distances. At least the physio exercises seem to help with the pain and also keeping me trim. It's now harder to lose any more weight though without the extra walking, but I'm not putting it back on, yet still enjoy a decent meal out occasionally and drink at the weekend.

7. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

Good on you for taking responsibility for your most precious property. There are millions of people in the world whom look like they are doing alright, but feel horrible.

I'm very underweight, and would gas out pretty fast.
    Hoping this menu change ups my personal exercise game.

KelvinS1965 likes this.
  8. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

I have to admit, this is the hardest feeding change I've done.

I didn't realize how addicted to carbohydrates I really am.
    Just being honest.

Fruits, Veggies, and whole grains ruled 90% of my day, with a little lean meat a few times a week.

Now I'm in the store looking a big piece of suet wondering how much I can eat in a day...I need more fat. Not enough energy in T-bones, Ribeyes, ect...

9. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

Quick recap on me: I've been practicing martial arts all of my life and in 2012 I was 216lbs with 12% BF (I'm 180cm tall aprox 5ft 9") ....

... and I've got Married...

... and I've got a little fatter...

... and I managed to lose it...

... and my work went to bat shit banananas and I got fat again ( I have the tendency to eat more when I'm nervous)...

... and I got fit again!!!...

... and I've broke my neck in 5 different parts and I was unable to practice any physical activties for an year, got fatter....

...moved to maxico (nov/17) and literally I've shit my life away with the local food (the moctezuma revenge is real) and I've lost 10 pounds and I've used that "bonus weight loss " to go back to the gym (cardio/weights, then made a comeback to muay thai) and I was really struggling to loose weight. I was doing everything properly and in the end of the 2018 I had a really strong reality check: 115kg, 30% bf. So I went to a doctor , and he asked for a big blood screening and the results were:

1) high blood pressure
    2) fucked up cholesterol
    3) very low levels of testosterone (due to stress at work)

MAN!!! I'm 35yo, in the wise words from Warren Zevon "my shit is fucked up"

I've always cared for myself, but in the last years I've screwed up. So the plan was: to get to normal levels and then improve it.

1st thing: testosterone injections to reboot my system. said and tone 4 months later everything was normal without any medications

2nd: blood pressure medication

3rd: diet. not "DIET PERIOD" - It's diet forever! I've to reeducated myself in everything regarding eating. I've always been eating healthy stuff, but now I'm more strict.

4th: weight control medication (Saxenda) along with diet and exercises. That would accelerate my weight loss while keeping my mind in a good state (I get really cranky when hungry). This is heavy stuff and I do not advise it for those who are not commited 200% to the weight loss. You'll shit your brains out if you eat carbs.

5th : exercices. Went beck to cross functional training. It's more complete than cardio/weights and makes me pay attention to some stuff that generally I was being negligent (core, lumbar, legs...). It's not about looking good, it's about rebuilding a healthy body.

4 months later (like june) I was weighting 205lbs (20% BF), no medications for anything. I'm still fighting to go around 198lbs and 14% BF. I had some ups and downs because I spent some time in the US, Canada and US again... It's hard to eat good stuff while away from home.

Why I've put that in written: because there are different "fat" tiers and I was in the "fucked up tier". nobody needs weight control medication to loose 8 pounds, but above 30 pounds you have to attack it with diet, exercise, pills and a total change of your lifestyle. for that you should FIRST go to a doctor, then to a nutritionist and work with both of them at the same time. if you have the means, go to a reasonable (the ones that want you to be healthy) cross functional studio and explain yourself to the staff. probably you'll be in a shitty shape and you'll have to improve in baby steps. be patient.

The good thing about that kind of training is that all your body will be used, and your core will get stronger quickly.

That was 2019 for me... I still hope to be around 198lbs by the end of the year. At least I'm looking "normal/fit" i was so fucking fat.

that kind of change does not happened from night to day, so be resilient, keep working out, It's great to do that with your family (I did it with my wife), keep eating right and follow your doctor's recommendations.

There are differe

wakjob and KelvinS1965 like this.
  10. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

and about the gains... in 2009 I was weighting 75kg and I use to fight @71kg. I'm 180 and I hated the look and I was vegetarian. I've quit the vegetariand diet and in one year eating right and working out a lot I'v reached 90kg really ripped. from 90 to 98 I've used some "pharmaceutical enhancements" and It was quick... really quick... 4 months. I had the upside of being working out and exercising for a long period... but that's possible.

nowadays all I want is 90kg with 15%bf... a very healthy and good looking comfort zone LOL.

wakjob likes this.
  11. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right there...I'm really trying to keep to that, even during two holidays: One was a cruise, but I still lost a pound while we were away due to extra walking and not eating excessively. The other one I came back with lots of ideas for different healthy meals that I tried on holiday and enjoyed.

It's harder now we're home again and work gets busy, etc. Though since my son went back to University we don't have certain snacks in the house that he would eat, so I find it easier if something isn't there in the first place.

wakjob likes this.
  12. wakjob

wakjob Well-Known Member

I just broke down and went the Vitamin Shoppe after work and bought some B3 & Folate... I'm just gassed and lethargic.

Part of my brain says I just bought a bottle of lead, cadmium, and sheet rock dust, but I gotta try something for the next 2 weeks or so.

I'm not eating liver or other organ meats right now... maybe after the initial 30 days.

My butcher will even mix 20% liver with 80% fatty chuck.

9 days and I've haven't lost any weight...thank God!
    Hoping to really pack on the muscle soon.
    Definitely more ripped looking in the mirror.

Anyone looking to get over that "plateau" of weight loss or ripped muscle look...this is the way to go...ZERO carbs(sugar).

13. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

I hate the word "diet"... Diet is something that you force upon yourself and not sticking through it nor enjoy it.... Proper nutrition is more appropriate...