I took a deposit on my '96 Gibson LP Custom...

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by 67Mopar, May 20, 2019.

1. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

being type2, type 1 is a HUGE deal bro.

67Mopar and anitoli like this.
  2. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

So type I is bad one and II is not so bad?? I must have it ass backwards? I always thought it was the other way around.

ricksconnected likes this.
  3. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

There seems to be a conflict with CL ads all the time.

4. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

I'm keeping the deposit. I'm sick of indecisive BS from musicians. He's got guitars up the ass, but his daughter's supposed diabetes is preventing him from purchasing my LP Custom? He told me that he has an office in Orlando, and that he would be flying in this weekend, but wasn't sure which day. He said that he would be picking it up sometime between Saturday and Monday, and that he would give me a $1OO.OO to prove his earnest. I ended-up hanging around the house all weekend, waiting for the call. He calls today to cancel, then hints on getting his deposit back? :squint:

Parents worst nightmare: Mom, dad... I met a guy... He's a musician.

5. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Good for you 67!

Sounds like he is not hurting....Your time for waiting is well worth the deposit...Betcha he woulda have kept it if tables were turned.....:cheers:

67Mopar and MarshallDog like this.
  6. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member

And 3 other interested parties were turned down? For 100 bucks?? Keep it man. If dude really wanted he'd pay for it up dront. Or $1000. Etc...

7. 67Mopar

Damn right he would.

8. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

yes. type 1 is usually either born with or discovered as a child.
    type 2 is usually caused by life style choices and rarely fatal.

67Mopar likes this.
  9. Sapphire Sounds

Sapphire Sounds Member

Keep it. I paid a $100 deposit on a les paul custom the other week and came up with the money three days afterwards. I told the seller two weeks tops. Good guy (70 yrs old) wanted to send me the paypal deposit back I told him keep it take it out ASAP. Im 25.

10. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

I would love to hear about them please ?

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  11. 67Mopar

But, why would he want to refund a deposit on a guitar you're buying?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Sapphire Sounds likes this.
  12. El Gringo

That does not sound like a nice person and that sucks that you waited around all weekend for him and he never came so based on that I probably change my mind and say it is non refundable

Mitchell Pearrow and 67Mopar like this.
  13. 67Mopar

The fact that his daughter may have diabetes is irrelevant. He placed a deposit on the item, then backed-out. He wanted the guitar, found something that he wanted more, then came up with a BS excuse. Bingo!

14. El Gringo

I don't like BS stories and the nose detector went up when he did not come for it over the weekend and your time is certainly valuable and you should not have to wait around all weekend and that is what changed my mind as I am all for Kharma but not at the sake of having to wait at home for a jerk that never shows up which is plain bad manners !

Mitchell Pearrow and 67Mopar like this.
  15. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

11 years ago I was selling a kx 250 it was a 2000 year model, needed rings only, work had shut down because of all the shit that had taken place, this is the year 2008. I put the bike on CL, and got a number of responses, one guy asked if I could hold it for him, me remembering how tough it is to come up on funds for something that isn’t necessary said sure, I received many more replies on the bike and told them all that I was holding it for someone. Needless to say I get a call from his wife telling me he can’t purchase the bike, lesson learned. cheers and this was after many chats texts, and keeping in touch for nothing, same thing on a Korean made epi LP, many photos, email’s and conversations only to have him a, never show up, purchase it, then you get the scam artist who is willing to pay full price and 50$ on top for you to hold it till they get you a certified check. To all CL scammers I say pull up in my driveway and hand me cash. Cheers Mitch

El Gringo and MarshallDog like this.
  16. 67Mopar

I told him that if he wanted to submit a deposit, I would drop the listing. If not, the listing would stay, and it's first with cash in-hand. He opted for the deposit, I dropped the listing.

17. 67Mopar

Lacking in testicular fortitude, he pulled the old get my wife to call trick.

18. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

The other episode was my grandson decided to sell a unique (to me anyway) squire affinity no paint heavy gloss finish over the natural wood, that I had installed a dimarzio super distortion Humbucker in the bridge position, he met the courier got the worthless cashiers check and went up to Frisco to see his buddy, naturaly when the bank went to process the phony cashiers check it hit him like dominos. Thanks for listening to my rant . That is why I said what I said about the deposit, and not refunding it! Cheers Mitch

El Gringo and MarshallDog like this.
  19. Sapphire Sounds

Sapphire Sounds Member

I asked to pay a $100 deposit so it wouldnt sell to anyone else on the same day he listed it. Ofcourse no haggle full asking price cash I went and bought it. I didnt give him any BS I knew I wanted that custom, asked questions in person and got good answers. He offered to send the $100 back because I played on all his tube amps and watched his beatles band promo on his laptop. He is well off im not and it was a nice offer but I can work so I declined, the guitar is awesome he went wide eyed when I played bridge of sighs

67Mopar and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  20. El Gringo

Well , when you present a episode like that with a bum check then I fully respect you for your position because there are a lot of unscrupulous folks out there .