I OWN A MARSHALL FULL STACK

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Exotic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

No problem! Just buy more speaker cabinets and fill them as needed! But of course, cabinets look lonely without a head on top of each one or each stack, so you'll just have to buy more Marshalls to keep them company. :hbang:

Exotic and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  2. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

ok well i tried both cabs separately and i think i like the bottom one better(1960bv) ,it's not as loud and sounds warmer? the top cab is louder and sounds more trebly .(jcm900 1960a)
    would be wierd if i end up liking my avt412 cab better once i try it with a jbl d120f and a greenback .would have 2 left over cabs ,bummer ,and no full stack only a half stack .
    i was thinking it would be great to use 2 of the vintage 30's and the jbl d120 and the greenback but they are different ohms ,bummer ,does anyone know if jbl made a jbl d120f in 16 ohms? pretty sure there is a greenback 25 or 30 watt 16 ohm .

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  3. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

Sorry I am no help here :(

Exotic likes this.
  4. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

i think i know what i need to do now,keep both cabs(they r beautiful and match well ) dump all 8 speakers ( 4 g12t-75 ,4 marshall vintage30's)and replace with all jbl's and greenbacks ,i'll know for sure once i try my first cab with these types of speakers . then sell the 8 original speakers . mounting and wiring ,would have to make 2 8 ohm cabs ,and set head to 4 ohms . would hate to ship a speaker ,maybe offer them up single or in pairs or quads for local pickup . sounds like a lot of work .

5. wmachine

wmachine Well-Known Member

FWIW, I've read several threads where guys like a mix of the very same speakers you already have. Either 2 separate cabs with the same speaker, or what seems to be more popular, mixing the 2 speakers in the same cab, presumably for a better blend.
    (IIRC, not exactly the same speakers, I think the V was Vintage, not Vintage 30, but close enough?)

6. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

well i actually do have 4 marshall vintage speakers ,i say vintage 30's because i hear they r the same thing .
    a blend would be good because the top cab(g12t-75) is louder than the bottom one(marshall vintage ). but still i would rather try the mix i'm thinking of for now . 1 jbl d120f ,1 greenback,and 2 avt speakers already in the cab ,i'm planning on going x pattern ,the jbl on top ,like eddie did : ) and the greenback diagonal on the bottom part of the X ,just using the avt's for now to have 4 8 ohm speakers instead of 2 to avoid blowing them out ,but if the result is good ,then in the future another jbl and another greenback to complete the quad . and start selling off my left over speakers and it will be complete when i have a full stack with 4 jbls and 4 greenbacks ,wow think of that !plus 2 cabs helps with the blowing the speakers part also right? would it be 200 watts of cabs instead of 100 watts?

7. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

When you tell a chick you own a Marshall stack their panties instantly drop and their mouths instantly open.

Exotic and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  8. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

there's this girl i like at the flea market ,ima make sure to show her a photo : )

9. wmachine

wmachine Well-Known Member

Not so much telling them as showing them........

10. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

A picture works. If you strum a chord you could be paying child support in three different counties.

11. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Active Member

Uh oh, I may have an instant family of hobbits.

[​IMG]

Also, belated congrats to the OP.

12. Mitchell Pearrow

Are they friendly, jk they are Marshall’s they will drop panties, and rip your ears out!
    Cool collection!
    Cheers Mitch

Mr. Natural and Brian Krashpad like this.
  13. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

hey the girls liking the guitar playing thing is real ,it's no joke ,i had an ex over here one time ,the type that doesn't like sex all that much ,you know the type? i hope u don't ,well anyway ,i says hey i started playing guitar again check this out :i did some chords some scales some tapping some whammy bar dive bombing ,when i was done she goes omg i didn't know u could play like that ,lets do it ,i'm like wtf u talkin about ? she goes hurry up before i change my mind that turned me on !
    true story .their brains turn to mush or something .

14. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

ok gonna be going back to a half stack for a while because i bought the speakers for my 1 jbl ,1 greenback 2 avt 8 ohm speakers in a x pattern cab idea .

15. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

should be able to post photos in the speaker cab section in a few days

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  16. Mitchell Pearrow

[​IMG]
    That’s what I did, but with a mg cab

jmp45 likes this.
  17. Exotic

Exotic Active Member

nice ,how many watts the greenbacks? 8 ohms? those mg speakers look very similar to the avt speakers . i bet it sounds really good ,how do u like it? and what method did u use to keep the connects straight ,do u just fire it up or do u test with a dmm?

18. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Don't sell the G12T75s short. I have a 1960A (JCM800 series) cabinet loaded with them, and another loaded with Greenbacks. They both have different characters, but both are 100 percent classic rock, just two different versions of it. The 75s sound more like Kiss, the Greenbacks are a bit more mellow and remind me of too much classic rock to even try to name any of it.

I'll keep both. Until I find a 1960B bottom in good shape at a good price, I have a Hartke GH412B bottom to use. It's actually very close to the Marshall construction method and it's a good cab. For then 99 bucks I paid, it can't be beat.

19. Mitchell Pearrow

The green backs came from a Vox amp,8 ohms, just like the cab.
    I love how it sounds, I charted out how it was wired before I unplugged, then just put everything back together the same as it.
    I have done 2 of my cabs in this manner!
    The speakers are the 25 watt.
    Grabbed them off of CL.
    Cheers Mitch

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  20. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

4FDE377D-09C4-4CD0-9EB7-2FB2DF5B06CD.jpeg
    If you’re a good boy Santa will bring you one of these one day. ;)

Mr. Natural and Mitchell Pearrow like this.