I already screwed up my American Deluxe

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by BowerR64, May 22, 2019.

1. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

Today i got in a new pickguard off E-bay

So i couldnt leave it alone

I pulled the neck and the bridge pickups, the bridge is an Air Zone

Used the stock 250K S1 switch to change the pickups, works pretty slick still have to think about how to work in the bridge coil tap with this thing cant quite wrap my head around that one.

Deluxe SH 1.jpg Deluxe SH 2.jpg

2. KraftyBob

KraftyBob Well-Known Member

Thanks Mini toggle SPDT switch. I wired one in my friends Strat so he can choose between single and Humbucker in position 1. Actually I wired a DPDT Switch because I couldn’t find a small SPDT toggle but just wired one side.

This is a small one - barely noticeable.

90B8AE68-31E9-4F95-85ED-E067A0FF032B.jpeg

3. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

I love that simple design!

So I assume that with what you have, you can get just the two seperate tones, being neck or bridge humbucker? Definately the two best to have. I have an HSS Strat with multiple options, and its those two I use most.

If you want more, then another switch is needed. There are lots of mini-toggles on Strats, but I like the slightly smaller, sub-miniature toggles. Then mount in a 5.5mm hole instead of 6.5mm and can be one or two poles.

If you did that, depending how you wire it, you could add one or two extra sounds. it could just split B, but more is possible too.

eg, it could both split the bridge and also force the bridge on when neck is selected, for two brighter tones.

Or, if youd like a thicker but still clear neck tone, it could add one of the bridge coils in series with the neck. I really like that one on my HSS.

4. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

Yeah i may have to add another independent switch

The S1 is already 2 mini switches hooked to the bottom of the 250K pot but i have it doing the pickup switching now so ill need something else to tap the bucker
    Fender S1.jpg