How much is my amp worth??

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by jam_all_night, Aug 17, 2012.

1. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

Hi all, I was just wondering what my Marshall JCM 800 MKll Super Lead 100w 1959 head would be worth.. It's a 1985 era and is in perfect unmodded condition?? Cheers..:)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. Söulcaster

Söulcaster Well-Known Member VIP Member

Anywhere from $2000- up IMO. AUD...,,,

3. redscott131

redscott131 Active Member

As much as a person is willing to pay.

Also, how do you know it's unmodded when 2 days ago (in a prior thread where you asked the same question) you HAD NO CLUE as to what YEAR, MODEL, and WATTAGE the amp was. LOL.

Stop being so lazy, and do your own research buddy.

4. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

lol!!!

5. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

First of all I would like to know what asking questions on a forum is called?? I would think that would be called RESEARCH..:rolleyes: Second of all, after all my so called NON RESEARCH I can't find any others that have been sold to compare a price against :rolleyes: And last of all after removing the rear cover from the head and doing some NON RESEARCH on youtube etc it looks untouched so I would think it is unmodded but then again after doing my so called NON RESEARCH and getting stupid comments I could be wrong.. :lol:

6. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

Just one other quick thing, I acctually did have a clue of what the head was, I just wanted to verify it with someone with a bit more experience with them, The serial number was my main quiery as it didn't match up to any other info I could find on the net.. But anyway, it's all sorted now and I'm happy which is all that matters..

7. dixie hustler

dixie hustler New Member

You have no knowledge it's UNmodded. Did you take out the chassis flip it over and look? Cool to ask questions but don't be surprised when someone calls you out when you say it's not modded. That's a big factor when selling a Marshall. Best of luck on your sale tho.

diesect20022000 likes this.
  8. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

Yeah mate, I pulled it apart to check if the board had been re soldered anywhere and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. I do a bit of electrical work so I do have half an idea what it would look like if it had been changed but all the soldering is matching as far as I can tell. I wanted to know what they are worth as I just bought it from a deceased estate for $250AU and wanted to know if I got a good price ,, Obviously I got a BARGAIN... :) Cheers...

9. Söulcaster

Chuck it on Gumtree.....If it works and you can find someone who wants one of those loud fuxkers you're laughing if you only paid $250- for it., I'd pay $1500 for it if I needed one, but like I said before, you could reasonably expect to get up to $2000 for it.

10. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

I might hang onto for now I think, not that the mrs approves.. I cranked it up to 5 last night and blew half the light bulbs in the house.. lol You are definately correct with it being a loud fuxker... :D :dude:

11. crankedmarshall

crankedmarshall Active Member

I had the same amp except my '1959' was from 87. Mine was mint and un-modded as well. I sold it for $850us shipped including a flight case about 18 months ago.

They are great amps but there just wasn't much interest. It seems people who want a JCM800 want a 2203 or 2204 and those who want a Superlead 1959 want earlier then the 80's.

12. crankedmarshall

crankedmarshall Active Member

I dimmed mine a few times and it was crazy loud but the tone was amazing!:dude: I think you are wise to keep it.

13. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

Yeah I will keep it, I never really got into big amps as most of my playing is with mates in the garage etc but compared to my little Fender amp this thing is insane :headbanger:.. Lucky my neighbours are into loud music aswell hey.. lol Cheers..:)

14. Söulcaster

You will really need a powerbrake and a boost pedal for that amp. Or deaf neighbours.

15. redscott131

redscott131 Active Member

Wow. I expect nothing less than a person asking is if their amp a 100 Watt amp, and then posting a picture that says "100W" on it.

You can get all prissy and offended, but the real truth of the matter is once you get your get a "PRICE QUOTE"........you'll sell your amp, and never contribute anything further to this forum.

16. longfxukxnhair

longfxukxnhair Senior Member

17. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

Hmmm maybe you should go back to the start of it all, the question was to do with visualy identerfying it as the Serial number was telling me a different story.. Obviously the information regarding all marshall amps with a serial number S/A being 50W was wrong to start with.

Superior Music - Marshall Amp Serial Numbers and Dates

http://www.guitarattic.com/how_to_date_your_marshall_amp.htm

That's where the problem started to begin with.. Bad Information..... And no I won't be selling the amp, I like sending myself deaf :headbanger:Also I'm no expert on Marshall amps so I couldn't really give any usefull infomation to anyone on the forum other than mine is Frrking LOUD.. :lol:

18. Söulcaster

Well hang around man, I guarantee you that you will learn a lot on how to get the best out of that head on this forum. It also is a pretty kewl place to hang. Just watch out for GAS, it will get ya!!!:wow:

Peace

19. jam_all_night

jam_all_night New Member

Cheers Mate, I only got on here to get some information and try and learn a bit about the amps but there is always someone that likes to stir things up a bit.. lol:Ohno: