How Much Are You Lovin’ Your Studio Series Marshall?SC, SV, JUB

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by scozz, May 16, 2019.

1. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member

So i got my Weber Mini Mass a few days ago, and i must say it is great.

Now i can use the SV20h at home and still play on bedroom volume, treble boost works great at low volume

Thanks @scozz

2019-07-27 00-20-13.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  2. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

I’m happy that you’re happy tce!

Yup, the Weber MiniMass 50 is a perfect accessory for Marshalls Studio Series, especially being 20 watt amps,...and it’s only $136.

It works great for low volume and also higher volumes. I’m glad you’re enjoying yours tce! :thumb:

I play pretty loud most of the time and I’m really enjoying what this amp has to offer when the power tubes are cooking a little. :cool:

Before I had Weber attenuator I couldn’t really explore what this amp is capable of,......because the volume needed to get there would be deafening.

I’m enjoying my Jcm800 Studio amp even more now, if that’s even possible?! :D

tce63 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  3. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Hey @tce63, have you used the 3 and 6db treble boost when you attenuate to a very low volume?

I’m really happy the way they work and the 3 different choices.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    tce63 likes this.
  4. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member

Yes sir, I think 3db is perfect in TV volume.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  5. Kim Lucky Day

Kim Lucky Day Active Member

I just got the Mini Mass for my SV20H and it does the trick well. I usually use the 3db treble boost, 6db is a bit much. I can fine tune by adjusting my tone knobs on my LP. This is an awesome sounding amp that had unfortunately sat idle for some time because it was just too loud for my practice room. But now with the Mini Mass, I'm starting to explore it and am really liking it. Great AC/DC tones with volumes set around 6-7 and my EH LPB-1 boost in the effects loop gives me the perfect volume boost with a little more hair, perfect for solos.

tce63, Mitchell Pearrow and scozz like this.
  6. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Best $136 I’ve spent in a long time,..(actually less than that, I emailed Weber to see if they had any discount codes I could use at check out), they gave me a 10% off code to use.

Here’s a setting I’m exploring now on my Jcm800 Studio,....higher master volume, lower preamp volume. Getting some great sounding power tube overdrive at this setting, while turning down the preamp overdrive. Some really great tones here!

The response and articulation of this amp when cranked is very impressive!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tce63 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  7. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you’re happy with the Weber MiniMass 50 @Kim Lucky Day! Your experiences mirror mine.

8. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

tce63 likes this.
  9. Amanda Carter

Amanda Carter New Member

Just received my SC20H. Very happy so far!

tce63 likes this.
  10. sellen

sellen Active Member

Getting mine next week
    Wonder if i can crank this without that "turn down" from the soundman, or the vocalist complains he is not hearing himself at practice. We got a decent PA . Been using 4*12 and Jmp 2204 50w with attenuator. Alot of gear to lug around for those medium /small gigs we do for more or less free just for fun.
    Got a 2*12 Cabinet or might even butcher my old DSL401 combo into a 1*12 cabinet.
    If this works i'm very happy :)