Holy mother of patchouli oil!!!

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by tidbit, Nov 6, 2019.

1. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

How old is it? How long have the Weber attenuators been around?

tce63 likes this.
  2. tidbit

tidbit Active Member

I think from around 2006ish?

It looks like this...nothing like what they make today
    [​IMG]

Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  3. tidbit

tidbit Active Member

Just wanted to clear up the record. When I first was switching cabinets, I still had the Weber set to 16ohms even though the cab was 8ohms.

I noticed the issues fairly quickly but I had already written my review. The Weber actually sounds fine in both the 5 and 20 watt range but for home use, I now am using it in 5 watts WITH the attenuator (for recording). This amp kicks out the jams.

Both of my bands cancelled this week and last due to weather conditions so I have yet to try it with a group but....I can't imagine for a second that it wouldn't be able to keep up.

Also..I did try the JHS black box in the effects loop. It does work much to my surprise. I believe I like the sound of the Weber a little better due to cooking power tubes but the JHS is very acceptable.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    tce63 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  4. Ian Alderman

Ian Alderman Well-Known Member

Louder! LOUDER! I vicariously eye these Studio Vintage threads a lot, as a Studio Classic diehard I think I'm developing a soft spot for the Vintage. Perhaps the head with a couple of sourmash 2061s underneath...

tidbit, Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.