Hello From Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Neddi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Neddi

Neddi Member

hi all - this is not my first post on this forum but i wanted to introduce myself - i go by Neddi Stanz because my real name is too hard for most people to pronounce - i'm 51 years old and have been playing guitar since i was 11 - started to get serious about it when i was 14 after some punk jumped my brother and stole my Redline Proline BMX bike - i loved that bike and built it piece by piece and was devastated when it was stolen - i started playing my guitar more and it seemed to help ease my pain little by little - that really was THE turning point for me as guitar playing goes - i didn't know it then but playing my guitar turned into my happy place that i could escape to when life got rough - i took some lessons but am mostly self taught - i was a HUGE KISS fan when i was young and use to listen to their albums everyday to escape some horrible abuse i was going through as a child - playing guitar took over - there are a couple of "firsts" that helped shape my playing - the first time i heard VH and the first time i heard Randy Rhoads who i was lucky enough to see on Jan. 22nd 1982 just two months before he died - Randy Rhoads and EVH are my two biggest influences as far as guitarists go -

my first guitar was a set neck les paul made by a company called Memphis from Japan along with a tiny Global amp bought at a local flea market for $95 - my first pedal was an Electro Harmonix Hot Tubes overdrive - eventually i got an old 70's Marshall 4x12 cab for $200 and a Music Man HD130 head - i sold that amp to buy a 1972 100 watt Super Lead from a classmate in high school - that half stack was my set up for many years - at first i ran a Boss GE7 and a HM2 to get my crunch - eventually i had a local guy install a master volume in the bottom right input hole - not a preamp just a master volume- i use to plug into the top left channel and jump the channels - i ran volume 1 at 1 o clock and volume 2 at 11 o clock with the GE7 and an Ibanez TS9 - it was pure tonal bliss -

i did everything wrong you could do to that amp and ended up getting rid of it after it blew a transformer - anyhoo i feel this post is getting long and i could go on for pages - fast forward to today - i still play a lot and play in a band called Doc Hammer - we were a Milwaukee favorite in the early 90's and still play a few shows a year - we're going to be re-recording all our old originals and plan on putting out a 30 year anniversary CD/DVD set in 2021 - i also play in a Judas Priest cover band called The Hellion - we also only do a few shows a year -

as far as gear goes i've had so many guitars, amps and gear pass through my hands that i don't remember everything i once owned - i'll post some pics of what i currently use as far as guitars amps and gear goes - playing guitar and building rigs has been my only constant in life and i hope to be doing it until i physically can't or i die whichever comes first! i'm glad i found this forum and look forward to interacting with you guys - enjoy your day!

2. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

Congratulations on this 21st message :cheers: welcome to the forum Neddi.

3. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

:welcome:to the forum...

:cheers:

4. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member

Welcome. I love the city of Milwaukee. Fond memories of the early Milwaukee Metalfests and Summerfests. Great city with even greater food and beer. Packers fan ?

5. Boxtrot56

Boxtrot56 Active Member

Welcome Neddi!!...great history and awesome to note that the sacrificial BMX loss paid big dividends along the way. :)

6. fifteenohms

fifteenohms Well-Known Member

7. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member

8. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

Go the Brewers!

I visited many times in the '90's while working on the design of Miller Park retractable roof.

More importantly, I enjoyed the largest steak of my life in Milwaukee, which I am still wearing today. It was literally the size and colour of a red brick. But, it was a totally balanced diet, since on top there was a mushroom and a sprig of parsley!

Drinkingdeath01 likes this.
  9. Micky

Micky Well-Known Member VIP Member

Greetings!

10. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum

MarshallDog likes this.
  11. GIBSON67

GIBSON67 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, MFer!

tce63 likes this.
  12. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!!!

tce63 likes this.
  13. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

:cheers: :welcome: To the madness of the Marshall forum, hope to see more of ya on the pages, please enjoy and, post them pics, and clips , new MF’r

MarshallDog likes this.
  14. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

And you too Neddi enjoy your day and keep rocking it! :yesway:

15. StratoMarshall

StratoMarshall Well-Known Member

16. eastsidecincy

eastsidecincy Active Member

Welcome...Crank It Up!

17. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy New Member

For those of you that don't know- Ned was a frickin' bona fide rock HERO around these parts 25 or so years ago.

tce63 likes this.
  18. Wooferhead1

Wooferhead1 Well-Known Member

Welcome Ned Rock on! :shred2:

19. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

Welcome Neddi.