Has Anyone Here Ever Taken One Of Those "when Will I Die" Quizzes ...

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Vinsanitizer, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Hi. I'm new here. VIP Member

and actually died on the day they said?

Also, assuming we live after we die, how will we know it? Because for all we know we might all be dead right now and we just don't know it. I'm not sure, but it just crossed my mind though. A couple minutes ago. (3 by the time I posted this I think.)

Maybe we'll know when we realize we don't have to scratch or eat or shower or go to the bathroom.

Which section of the body houses our spirit and soul - the part that keeps us alive - our "batteries" so-to-speak? Obviously not our limbs. Is it just the brain? Just the heart? The digestical system?

I am trying to break this down into scientifical terms. And I think that if I don't get some frigging answers soon I'm gonna be really pissed off.

Edit: One more question - what is the shortest way to know everything ever? Is it done using a pyramid framework where you build upon a broad foundation until you make your way up to the last stone? Or is it more like a parallel thing where you learn all things at the same time until all of a sudden you know everything at once? I would say that learning everything in series would take too much time and that's what I'm trying to get away from right now.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Trelwheen and Nik Henville like this.
  2. Nik Henville

Nik Henville Active Member

Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion

I did one, six years back now. Said I was dead the day after I did it. Never been certain about it since then, one way or the other...

At the time I figured, after 6 decades...
    ...momentum might see me through the last bit :dude:

Vinsanitizer and Trelwheen like this.
  3. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

The answer is well policed.

4. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Well-Known Member

1) According to the Death Clock, I was dead before I took the test. The fact that the IRS continues to send me tax bills is evidence to the contrary.

2) The only possible clues we have to ascertaining whether we are alive or dead are the anecdotal evidence provided by those who have had what they believed to be near death experiences. In every single one that I have read, these people seem to be fully conscious and aware of what is happening.

3) The location of a possible Soul inside our bodies is an intriguing subject which I have not considered until you mentioned it. I have, however, pondered on the physical nature of the Soul itself. I believe the most likely form a soul might take, based on what we know of the physical world, is the electrical charge which powers our nervous systems. Based on this, my best guess is that our Souls might possibly inhabit our entire bodies. Further, the knowledge that matter and energy cannot be destroyed is a bit of evidence in favor of the existence of said souls.

4) In actuality, of course, it would be impossible to know everything, since new data arrives throughout the universe exponentially faster than we could ever gather it. The gathering of all the data in the universe could only be done after the universe ends. This would also be impossible since we wouldn't be around to gather it....unless, as you're speculating, we exist after our bio functions cease. In that case, I don't guess it would matter what method was used to learn all the data in the universe, since we would have all the time there is (or literally none of it to worry about) in which to complete the exercise.

Vinsanitizer, your mind apparently works a lot like mine. You have my most sincere condolences.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  5. Vinsanitizer

People speak of eternity, which is defined as "infinite or unending time". (I don't see how the word "time" can be used to describe eternity, but maybe it can.) My answer to the question: "what is time?" has always been that time is a measurement of change, and the fact that change happens everywhere in the physical realm at varying rates requires us to use a system of synchronized clocks as a visual way for all to measure it.

Anyway, I'm trying to tie in more questions and information to the topic of the non-material world, see. If my thinking above is accurate, then we know that time is a measurement of change. My question is, in the immaterial world, does change continue to exist, and therefore, does time continue to exist? Now I wouldn't think that time (change) would stop, or there wouldn't seem to be much point in the hereafter ...

... I think I'm convoluting this now. I'm getting ahead of my thoughts.

6. Trumpet Rider

Trumpet Rider Well-Known Member

You are all part of my dream. Only I exist.

7. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

Can your dream conjure me up some nachos? I'm hungry...

8. Trelwheen

Vinsanitizer:

No, I think you made sense. I tend to view the progression of things in a similar light....

I have a vision of the concept of time which always pops into my head when the subject arises: Time, to me, is so foreign an abstraction to my mind that I'm certain that it doesn't exist in the way we think of it in the mundane, superficial way. More specifically, I feel like it's always "now". I submit that what we perceive as time is the measurement of universal expansion, or atomic spatial progress (use whatever term makes most sense to you.)

To illustrate, when I think of my long-passed grandfather I don't perceive seeing him last as being long ago....to me he seems FAR AWAY. The further back I reach into my mind, the further away my memories seem in a physical sense...more like miles than years.

Does this strike a chord on your mental banjo like it does mine?

Another interesting question comes to mind... Do you feel like we experience "time" as a sequence of tiny snapshots like a digital recording, or a continuous analog flow like audio tape on a reel?

On the subject of afterlife: consider the possibility that it happens outside our universe and it becomes a very plausible and interesting study, no?

Vinsanitizer and mcblink like this.
  9. Trelwheen

I'm so glad to know that. Now I can stop paying my non-existent friggin sky-High-ass taxes.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  10. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

Time is an illusion.

Time is a man made thing.

Time doesn't actually exist.

We all die; moreover, we all die young.

"
    IMO"

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Vinsanitizer and Trelwheen like this.
  11. Trelwheen

That's what I meant. If I had more time, I'd explain it more clearly :ohno:

Vinsanitizer and mcblink like this.
  12. Vinsanitizer

Disqualified! You forgot to end it with "in my opinion".
    Thank you for participating.
    Next contestant please.

Trelwheen and mcblink like this.
  13. Nik Henville

Trelwheen and Vinsanitizer like this.
  14. Australian

It seems like you asked the right question about time Vin.

If there were no material objects, would there be time?

DCBCBBE5-DBB0-4A09-B494-A69D756AAED9.jpeg

Trelwheen and Vinsanitizer like this.
  15. Australian

SOLD!!

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  16. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

No never!

Where do you find one and which one have people used?

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  17. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

I just read a WW2 book where a guy has a premonition that he will die if he flies his next mission and that is what happens. I have read a lot of military accounts of that happening. I think it is interesting. Something has to be behind that.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  18. Nik Henville

I find my self wondering how many premonitions were NOT fulfilled and therefore NOT noteworthy and thus forgotten. The only ones ever noted were those that came to pass.

Like coincidences.

Actually merely two things happening at the same time is all, but when it's meeting a long-forgotten school-friend at Burning Man... !!! WOW !!!, what a coincidence. Nope... you came through closely related systems, giving you similar outlooks on life. You have reached an economical place that enables you to do it at about the same time. It would actually be spooky if you did NOT meet up with someone you knew.

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  19. Vinsanitizer

What?? When! How much did we make?! Do we have to pay taxes?

Trelwheen likes this.
  20. Vinsanitizer

It's easy:

1. First you have to have a copy of the Internet on your computer.
    2. Do you have that? If so, you're already half-way there.
    3. Then you have to download a browser extension. (Any extension will do).
    4. Next, open your browser extension and search for a website that has pizza delivery, and order a pizza for delivery.
    5. When the pizza arrives, you know your browser extensions are working.
    6. Now go to Google (which, basically, IS the Internet, see).
    7. Type in "when will I die" without the quotes, and click the first link ever at the top.
    8. Click around and type stuff until you get your fateful date.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Trelwheen and Nik Henville like this.