Happy 2019 Labor Day MF Brothers!!!!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by MarshallDog, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member

Yep, its coming. When I moved out of Illinois I could've moved anywhere in the states, but what did I do ? I moved to Minnesota. In my own defense it was summer. I'm kind of dreading winter because I didn't get a chance to fish this year but there's something about this place that is magical. People who have never spent some time here would never understand what it is, hell I couldn't explain it myself, but even in January I wouldn't trade it for the world.
    I wish everyone a safe and happy Labor day weekend.:cheers:

MarshallDog likes this.
  2. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

3. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I like the Minnehaha Falls Regional Park. All the statues (if they haven't torn them down), show a rich history. Then there's Fort Snelling. Ca has it's history, but, a lot of it wasn't recorded very well, because Ca., didn't become a state until 1850. There was almost 100 years of history recorded elsewhere, back east & even the mid-west, before that...

Ca has the missions, etc., but, a lot of that was dealing w/ conflicts between Indians, Mexico & Spain. There was a Mormon settlement, but, it came later...

4. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly enough they didn't touch Minnehaha or Fort Snelling. Its still the same as its always been. Absolutely beautiful parks and Fort. They've turned everything else around though. Cutting two lanes of traffic into one for a stupid bike lane, changing the names of lakes because of politics, banning new gas stations and drive thru restaurants. Its a potential nightmare in the actual city but somehow it still has its charm. For now anyways. LOL

Dogs of Doom likes this.