Get You Some Ace !!

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by AlvisX, May 2, 2019.

1. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

It's a well known fact during KISS' heavy lifting ,get it off the ground period, Ace was playing a TSB routed out LP Deluxe

Here's you chance to get some of that vibe ....throw a couple DiMarzio in her and you're good to go .......

WTF's up with that top? it really does look like a man made relic job . Me personally I wouldn't care .im sure there's some tone hidin' in this hog

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-197...600264?hash=item521b9d1f48:g:9mgAAOSwfMRcw0Zp

2. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with a project guitar but $1400 is a bit steep IMO.

SRD likes this.
  3. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

A chance to get KISS vibe?

:io:

Pass. lol

4. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

Judging by some of the tones I hear today .....Y'all could use some Ace !!

AND, it's a grown folks Les Paul , some of us accept substitutes , some don't

Kim Lucky Day and Wildeman like this.
  5. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I suppose Kiss was okay. I mostly only know a handful of hits that get played over and over.
    To me they are pretty generic tone wise.
    I watched Gene’s tv show quite a number of times. He seems like a bit of a putz.. celebrity derangement syndrome. Could just be an act I guess.

6. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

7. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Well-Known Member

[​IMG] The tophat and ciggie of the '70s :yesway:

8. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Shit'll buff out.

9. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

That's what I think too....but really ,if it were to fall into my hands , I wouldn't care . I think it's gonna make it a little harder to sell though. For me ,the routing is more of an issue . I LOVE Deluxes for the pure n simple fact that you can put p-90s in 'em. Ive done better for $1500........but check out what 70s Deluxes are listing for these days . 30 years ago....it woulda been a $200 carcass ....but this is 2019 (FCK !)

As for KISS, well, I reckon you gotta be a teenager from 1975 to get it . I had a drummer who is 9 years older than I. He laid it out for me . He said his generation thought of KISS a bubblegum when they first hit the scene . For him they were an acquired taste ,but he grew to dig em as well.
    Great ROCK songwriting /singing / riffs ......what's not to dig ?

Mitchell Pearrow and jimmyjames like this.
  10. Wildeman

Preachin to the choir man, i love KISS.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  11. Wildeman

Here's the guitar. Raw as hell and killer!

12. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

Excellent choice, I was not a big KISS fan but I knew quite few people that where, excellent choice in songs though, and you are correct in the raw guitar tones loved it !9

Wildeman likes this.
  13. Wildeman

I just saw them a couple months ago and it was excellent! No Ace or Peter Chris but the music didn't suffer, of course i missed them but it was easily one of the best shows i've ever seen.

14. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

I can understand why some people don't "get it " with KISS. If one breaks it down to the music they can stand with most but their gimmick really doomed them. I love the makeup and the huge shows but I believe that a lot of people see that as a cover for a band that just isn't that good. I was born in the mid 80's so I wasn't around for the glory days but, I was blessed with cool parents, my dad is an absolute KISS fanatic and that transferred to me. In my opinion, ACE is one of the best there has ever been, is he technical? No, but, he uses simple phrasing and bends to make some of the most legendary solos ever written, it's musical genius. Paul is the quintessential showman, no one has ever or will ever match his stage presence and the voice that he brought to the table. I have always loved the band, when I first discovered them it was around the revenge era, I was very young but they made a huge impact on me, I met them in 1992 at an autograph session for the alive III album. Saw them perform on that tour and it was amazing. I always dreamed of seeing the "real" KISS, makeup, pyro, the works and in 1996 I got to do that.

They have been such a major part of my life that they almost feel like family. My first show ever was ACE in the late 80's, I had to be less than 6 years old but I still remember that. I went to the convention in 1995 and saw them play the acoustic set right before they did the reunion, I saw the ACE and Peter "bad boys" tour and was pretty much front row for that one. In 2003 I won front row tickets to the KISS and Aerosmith show by winning a "Gene Simmons tongue" contest and that was absolutely killer. Finally, I saw them about a month ago on the "end of the road tour" and was again just blown away, Paul is nearly 70 but still has the moves and for the most part the voice. The stage show was incredible and I was happy to have been there.

Do they come up with the most ridiculous money grubbing schemes? Yes, is Gene a total douche? Yes but, it doesn't matter. These guys are and have always been the real deal. If you don't believe me, look at what ACE and Paul are STILL capable of.

jimmyjames and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  15. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Gene said it himself, " Kiss isn't music, it's entertainment".

16. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

I never cared a bit for the makeup or the pyro
    I GOT the riffs ,writing ,singing
    Gene's full o sh*t
    Paul definitely cared about making good (if not great) music ...................and ACE played his ass off in the early years of the band

Mitchell Pearrow and jimmyjames like this.