Get em off!

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by purpleplexi, Aug 21, 2019.

1. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

I bought a set of buckers from a guy called Jim Rolph who has been making PAF copies since forever. That was about 14 years ago. They've been in several guitars over the years. If I could criticise I always found that when I eq'd the amp for the bridge which I use prob 90% of the time the neck was always just a little bit not exactly muddy but lacking definition. Over the years I've tried various caps and pots to even things out but never with complete success. In fact for this reason I haven't had the neck tone pot connected for ages. So I decided to take the cover off the neck. I don't like the uncovered look but I did it. I was surprised how much difference it made so I took the bridge cover off too. Only played it for a few minutes but it really seems to have opened the guitar up - both tonally and in terms of ease of playing.

Happy so far.....

Sorry if you thought this thread was about underwear.

2. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

The cover screws up the poles magnetic field and does affect the tone of the pup.