Fs: Jvm410 Head In Great Condition - Asking $1,200

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by emw0819, Jan 12, 2017.

1. emw0819

emw0819 New Member

Hey guys, I am new to this forum, as I was looking for another platform (in addition to Craigslist) to get word out about my head being for sale. It seemed I might find some interest in the MarshallForum..

Below is the link to my Craigslist ad if you do have some interest in a JVM410 head. This thing is killer! Just need to downsize, as I don't play out with a band anymore.

Thanks and FYI, I am willing to put the time into shipping this properly, if needed. Shoot me a text/call!

7.jpg

http://charleston.craigslist.org/msg/5970691975.html

-Erick

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. emw0819

emw0819 New Member

I might add that if you are not interested, but have any input about my listing or selling a head, please leave a comment! I haven't actually sold an amp before, so I'm new to this and would appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks again,

Erick

3. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

Not interested in buying it, but I can tell you what buyers will be asking:

1. What year is the head?

2 What brand and type of tubes/valves are currently in the head?

3. How many hours do the tubes/valves have?

4. Does the head include the footswitch?

5. Has the head ever been modified?

6. Has the head ever been sent in for service?

7. Are you the original owner?

8. Aside from tubes/vlaves, has anything ever needed to be replaced in this head?

I owned a brand new, stock 410H since 2008, which I love very much. I'm not interested in buying another at this time, but I'd like to help you by showing you what is on a buyer's mind when they see your amp. From the photo, it looks in pretty good condition, but most people would want to at least see more. Think about including some photos of the rear as we as the valves/tubes, and maybe even a gut shot. The price of these amps in most used markets is kinda high, so it would really help your cause to put more information out there. Your price of $1200 is a little high, but if the valves are brand new, comes with original footswitch in excellent condition, and the amp is all-original in great condition, you might get a buyer for $1000 or even the $1200 you are asking. The fact that these amps are still being produced, and the fact that there is a signature series version available also hurts the resale. Be careful of scams and don't give out information like serial numbers.

Best of luck.

4. emw0819

emw0819 New Member

Thanks for all of the info! You brought up some great points and comments. A number of your questions are addressed in my craigslist ad (which I posted the link to), but I will add to it some of the other things you mentioned (original owner, no mods, never needed servicing or replacing).

I recently added in my B-52 4x12 cabinet to include with the head for the $1,200 that I am asking. Seems like a fantastic deal to me if I were looking for one of these awesome heads!

Thanks again,

Erick

HOT TUBES 70 and JCarno like this.
  5. Hogie34

Hogie34 Well-Known Member

Hey Erick, I see your CL ad is deleted. Take it this sold locally?

6. emw0819

emw0819 New Member

Hey Hogie34, no actually, I have not yet sold it. I made a couple edits and re-posted it to put it back on the top of searches and deleted the old one. Sorry about that, I forgot that it would change my link. I was offered a trade for a Mesa/Boogie Mark V head, but decided against it.

The new link is here, and I will update the original post: http://charleston.craigslist.org/msg/5970691975.html

Thanks for your interest.