Found One

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by chiliphil1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

Found one.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    pdm1968 and stringtree like this.
  2. Ufoscorpion

Ufoscorpion Well-Known Member

Evh Wolfgang standards are made in Indonesia , but I wouldn't count them out for that reason . I've got a Wolfgang standard hard tail and its a superb faultless guitar . The build quality and playability on mine is as good if not better than any mij guitar I've owned ( there's been a few ) or still have . It sounds monster , the Wolfgang humbuckers are great .

stringtree likes this.
  3. stringtree

stringtree Well-Known Member

About a month back I played a 1/2 dozen guitars at GC, the EVH Wolfgang WG standard
    is amazing! :dude: I agree, great tone and playability, just didn't have the money for it..

[​IMG]

4. chiliphil1

Yep, my error. I meant special, not standard. I’ve edited the post. Thanks for the info.

5. HOT TUBES 70

HOT TUBES 70 Well-Known Member

Ive played one of those , and the EVH Wolfgang bridge pickup is another really killer offering from Ed !!
    You can tell that guy has an ear for the tone !

6. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

The Wolfgang Special MIC is the exact same guitar as MIJ, and imo, those two are the ones to get your hands on. I didn't care for my USA EVH Wolfgang nearly as much (just too refined … not the same rock machine). I don't have any experience w/the others. Oh, and no, mine is not for sale now or ever lol.

7. chiliphil1

I thought the newer special was made in Mexico? Anyway, as far as the USA one I mean a peavey, the EVH USA ones are way out of my league. I’ve played a couple of peavey specials and really love them. Hoping that whichever one I get matches up to those 2. I’ve got a line on one for $479 with case. Just figured I’d check with the guys on here first.

crossroadsnyc likes this.
  8. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Phil, I should have been more clear … for a short period of time after the Fukushima disaster, EVH moved production from Japan to China, and you'll find that they are the same exact guitar (even retaining the small details such as birds eye maple). I've owned both and can confirm this. The guitars produced in Japan & China did not last very long, and ultimately production was moved to Mexico, which is when you see a number of changes. The Mexican EVH Wolfgang is still a fantastic guitar, so I'm not discounting them in the least, but my own personal preference is for the original style/specs.

9. chiliphil1

Ah, I was not aware of that.

10. custom53

custom53 Well-Known Member

EVH Axis.jpg My favorite EVH is still the EBMM models.. Even though I do have a MIM Fender EVH also that I like.. EVH Axis.jpg

stringtree likes this.