For Everyone Who Lives In London England, I have a question

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Crawford354, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Crawford354

Crawford354 New Member

So I'm over here in London England for 10 days, and I was wondering, specifically in London, what's the best guitar store for vintage guitars (or guitars in general, but I'm specifically looking at Vintage Guitars). Perferably if the owner would let me I'd like to play a PRE CBS Strat, or something like that. I'm located near Trifecta Square if that helps. Thanks

2. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

In central London, a stroll down Denmark Street (just off Charing Cross road, between Tottenham Ct Road and Covent Garden) will find you plenty of ways to spend your money on guitars!

Redders likes this.
  3. TwinACStacks

TwinACStacks New Member

:D I have a question also.

Except for the offspring of the occasional good looking wife, (Both of them) Why is the royal Family SO DAMN HOMELY?

No offense Blokes.

:lol::lol: TWIN

CaptainZero likes this.
  4. Blackie

Blackie Well-Known Member

.. ha ha ha ..

5. CaptainZero

CaptainZero Well-Known Member

I don't pay too close attention, but there have been a couple of lookers on the 'wife' side.

Edit: bump.

6. mk2 steve

mk2 steve Well-Known Member

Denmark street is awesome, definitely the best suggestion.

Wembley guitar centre is good, though not in the tourist trap part of London. Not so much vintage stuff either but worth a mention.

It should be noted, a lot of guitar stores in the UK (in and around London at least) don't like people playing on guitars. Not all stores (mainly with more expensive/older stuff) but some people have a heart attack if you ask them to try a guitar out.

7. Feeling Supersonic

Feeling Supersonic Well-Known Member

None, they're all rubbish.

8. rick16v

rick16v Well-Known Member

True and I hate this. The exception is Andertons in Guildford. Best, friendliest guitar shop ever.

9. Crawford354

Crawford354 New Member

Well I did end up going to Denmark Street, It's awesome, there were about 10 guitar stores, which was great. I wandered into No Tom's Vintage Guitars, and the people were were some of the friendliest I have ever met, the guy who worked there let me play a 63 strat they had on display, which was awesome because it's the 1st vintage guitar I've ever played and it was great to have some level of comparsion to the one's I have. Definately check them out if you haven't.

As far as the guitar goes, it sounded and played great, but IMO you'd have to be a real enthusiast for vintage stuff to pay that much more. You could buy a Custom Shop and have it Set up and IMO you'd have a guitar that was on par with a Pre CBS, I mean don't get me wrong it was a great guitar, but there's no reason you can't get to that level of quality for thousands less.

I thought Demark was cool because over where I live in the states we have no good guitar shops, and there were stores here that literally were dovoted to one brand of guitar (one only had basses, one only sold martins, one gibson, one fender, etc), so that was cool. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Nudge68 and ollyclam like this.
  10. ollyclam

ollyclam Member

Glad to see you enjoyed Denmark street. I love it down there, though the whole area is under threat of development now. i think the 12 Bar has gone already. I got my main acoustic from Macari`s just round the corner and it was great to talk to the owner about selling guitars to hendrix. Thats one of the things i really like about that whole street of shops, theyve got great history.

11. Crawford354

Crawford354 New Member

Oily clam, on my way over there, our taxi driver mentioned it was under threat due to the land being wanted for development for apartments. When I went into the bass shop I brought it up to the guy working there, and he said that was a "rubbish rumor", so hopefully it is just a rumor. Either way I hope it doesn't get developed as it really is THE street for guitar players in London.

ollyclam likes this.
  12. Crawford354

Crawford354 New Member

I went into McCaarris while there, I didn't know it was the store JH bought his guitars from, although I had been trying to find it that day. Haha glad I did find it, even though I didn't know it at the time.

13. USAPatriot

USAPatriot New Member

They take after their grandparents. Charles has his mother's face and Dad's ears. It's all downhill from there. Still, see what money gets you? Charles got Diana but ended up with what he deserved...Camilla. Camilla, in case you've never noticed, is just a stand-in for Queen Elizabeth. Same build, same monster tata's. It's why you raise your own kids and don't give them over to nannies and butlers and security. He's got an oedipal complex, big time. -Rod-

14. Mosher Zone

Mosher Zone Well-Known Member

The Royal Family is so English, you'd be hard pressed to find Scottish people except the older generation that give a ****. My view is that I'm keeping those Germans ****s in a ****ing home. :mad:

Kev likes this.
  15. Nudge68

Nudge68 Well-Known Member

Great that you enjoyed the visit :yesway: