Fitbit Just Got Real!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by flyinguitars, Mar 10, 2018.

1. flyinguitars

flyinguitars Well-Known Member

picked up another treadmill today...lol. My wife and i have been working the first one over so we got another one. Now it’s game on!...lol
    [​IMG]

John BNY and Barfly like this.
  2. Barfly

Barfly Well-Known Member

Very cool and great idea. When I get the urge to work out once a year it's a drag to have to wait for my wife to finish on the 'mill before I can use it. That's great that you can both get to steppin' together.

ricksconnected and flyinguitars like this.
  3. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

I don't have the coordination to run or jog on a treadmill. :ugh:

flyinguitars and Vinsanitizer like this.
  4. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

A sensor went bye, bye on my 27 year tread mill.

The part is discontinued.

:mad:

flyinguitars likes this.
  5. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. VIP Member

I bought one. Used it for a month and said screw this. Mine was $450. Five years later I couldn't sell it for $50. I had to give it away just to get that heavy-@ss thing out of my basement. :D

ricksconnected and flyinguitars like this.
  6. AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing

AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing Well-Known Member

recumbant stationary bike + tv/videogames. Thank me later.

flyinguitars likes this.
  7. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

I replace the motor in ours last fall, wifey burned it up. She's on it 3 times a day, then it's off the bike. I'm not as committed but should be, I'm on it once a day.

flyinguitars likes this.
  8. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

I used to do treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, but I went back to speed rope for high intensity cardio and calorie burning regimen.... You burn more calories with speed rope...

flyinguitars likes this.
  9. flyinguitars

We do the Fitbit challenges together and have been having fun competing with our friend and each other. They are all about the number of steps. My wife does 20-30,000 steps a day..somewhere around 10-15 miles (total steps per day) she’s 50 and looks like an inshape beautiful 30yr old. I do about 15k per day but can hit 30k+ on the weekends. Now that we have 2 treadmills, we can run together.

And before someone gives me shit about not running outside...lol...she likes to run on the treadmill because she cares for her elderly mom 24/7. We can only get out together when we have coverage for her mom.....so treadmill and YouTube it is..lol

Barfly and jmp45 like this.
  10. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Good for you and and your girl fly. That's outstanding. No flak here makes total sense. Wife and I no longer have parents to care for but the time we have to run are intermittent for me, wife though it's a regiment. My wife puts in time everyday to keep fit. We are a little bit a head of you. This is my bride a few years ago, looks the same today.

[​IMG]

flyinguitars likes this.
  11. Eddie van Damon

Eddie van Damon Well-Known Member

Looks like shes running the Malls spending all your money!

flyinguitars likes this.
  12. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Girly does her part, she's worth it, she's put up with me for 38 years .. ;)

flyinguitars likes this.
  13. EndGame00

I try to keep my BMI at least at 19-22... Being too jacked doesn't look right to me...I've seen many gym rats where I usually go look so "dehydrated" due to the lack of fat tissues...

flyinguitars likes this.
  14. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of treadmills (an outdoor running junkie myself, you know how drummers feel about drum machines? it's the same thing lol) because they are actually cheating vs the real thing...BUT THAT SAID, I still applaud any form of serious cardio and the discipline it takes, so getting on those things and going is just great, I say good for you guys, it's still way better than what most people do (sit on the couch), especially if you don't have much free time as you say. Keep it up!

flyinguitars likes this.
  15. EndGame00

I dabbled in calisthenics before and I realized it was much more difficult than free weights, or resistance training , but it is better for sculpting... I highly recommend it for those who are satisfied with their muscle mass and wanting more defined tone.

flyinguitars likes this.
  16. justinrhoads80

justinrhoads80 Well-Known Member

I personally prefer the elliptical better than a treadmill. If I was to go running I would prefer it being outside since I get to view my neighborhood and I like the rainy days, just love em.

Do you do Intermittent fasting at all @flyinguitars ? I do it myself and I think it works great

flyinguitars likes this.
  17. flyinguitars

Yes i prefer running outside too but my wife is essentially a full time nurse 24/7 for her mom. Mom lives with us and can’t care for herself so unless we schedule someone to keep an eye on her, we have a hard time even getting a few minutes away from the house together. We were using the one treadmill but since we started getting into the Fitbit challenges, we were waiting for each other to finish. So now there are no excuses...lol
    Fitbit is all about the number of steps, so even though the treadmill is an inferior way to get a workout, it’s perfect for accumulating step count.

I don’t do any fasting. I lift weights 5 days a week, run on the mill, and try to eat moderately well. I drink mostly water, coffee, and Long Island ice tea...haha Lately for the past couple years i have changed from lifting heavy to going lighter and doing it more as an exercise. As i have aged, my joints hurt when i go heavy. For me 315 is as much as i can bench but it’s too much weight for me to do comfortably, so i go way lighter and higher reps. Same with squats and all of my other weight lifting sets...lighter and more reps. Then i hop on the treadmill and knock out 30-60 minutes of running and high incline walking and I’m feeling ok.

At this point in life my goal is to age as healthy as i can without devoting my life to working out....i still try to fit an hour of guitar in per day, so it gets challenging as far as finding time! Lol

Derek S likes this.
  18. justinrhoads80

justinrhoads80 Well-Known Member

That is good for you, a lot of people at the age just really let themselves go and appreciate those who take care of themselves.

I would really suggest looking into intermittent fasting and doing some reading on it. It has some really good health benefits that help with longevity and aging and helps you avoid a lot of cancers, diseases, etc.