Fantasy football

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by JimiRules, Aug 18, 2019.

1. CoyotesGator

CoyotesGator Well-Known Member

The Institute for the Very, Very, Very Nervous
    Somewhere, near a pond, there is a certain gator doing one hell of a happy dance!

:lol:

crossroadsnyc and 6StringStewie like this.
  2. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

A little known fact about the following video:

I was at this game w/my Dad. Reggie Brown was paralyzed, and Barry Sanders crossed the 2,000 yards in a season mark. It was the ultimate game of highs and lows. The crowd was so unbelievably loud that my Dad actually had to leave our seats to walk into the concourse because he was about to pass out from the LOUDNESS!!. No joke. A game for the ages, and a day I'll never forget. Oh, and I don't care what anyone says ... Barry was the best RB in the history of the game, and would still put up more yards today than anyone in the league.

JimiRules likes this.
  3. 6StringStewie

6StringStewie Active Member Premium Member

His running was magical!

crossroadsnyc likes this.
  4. CoyotesGator

Hey Lakers, your quarterback for the week is listed as deceased.

I should know, Stewie just made boots out of me.

5. JimiRules

JimiRules Well-Known Member

Its a shame they couldn't have built a better team around him. Kinda like Marino. He was a killer QB, but never had a good RB on any of his teams. Barry never had much of a QB. It's like they were meant to play on the same team.

6. CoyotesGator

Is it wrong for me to wish that Diggs fumbles four times, farts on a cheerleader, and swallows a bee?

7. 6StringStewie

Here we go gang!!! Last week of the season and there is a dogfight for the last playoff spot. I am loving this battle! Lakers (7-6) take on BAD LATITUDE (6-7). If BL wins, both teams will be 1-1 in head's up play, leaving points for and the points against to decide the last spot. If BL loses or wins the game by 4.7 points or less, they are out. If BL wins by 4.8 or more they are in. (Winning by 4.8 means both teams will be tied in record and points for. BL wins if the tie breaker is decided by points against.)

Another battle raging is Run and Shoot (10-3) vs. The Bombers (9-4). A win by The Bombers launches them into #1 and a first seed of the playoff's. With The Bombers having a 203.86 margin in points for, Run and Shoot must win to be #1 and have the first seed.

Game on!!!

8. crossroadsnyc

Lol, I bet you're loving it ... you get the weaker team in week 1 of the playoffs!

Not going to lie ... this was my big game for the season, and I was on the edge of my seat all week. I made a couple of last minute moves that, while worked in my favor, didn't really alter the outcome of the game. Gotta tip my hat to BL, as he had one hell of a tough year ... one of the strongest teams in the league (no doubt), and was one of the guys that gave the the most fear all year (he was my secret pick to sneak in and make a run for the championship). I'm happy I won, but I'm not gonna gloat ... wait ... he's back!

9. JimiRules

Nice game Bombers. Got me by .60!! We both had some players crap the bed this week, but it ended up being closer than I thought it would be.

6StringStewie and crossroadsnyc like this.
  10. crossroadsnyc

"When God created Barry Sanders, even He didn't know what he made"

JimiRules likes this.
  11. crossroadsnyc

I know some of these posts of mine are a bit off topic from FF, but as you grow older, I think it's natural to think about the past. As such, one guy I don't want to leave out is Billy Sims ... as much of a Barry fan as I am (i own both his home & away jersey!), it was actually Billy Sims who inspired me to pretend I was an NFL player as a kid on the playground in elementary school. Back then, there was another kid named Billy (yes, I was Billy as a kid), and we both wanted to be Billy Sims on the playground, so we made a bet, based on a race from one fence to another, on who could claim the name ... I won. I was "Billy Sims". One of the saddest injuries in the entirety of professional sports, and he deserves the recognition due.

Guys, if you're an NFL fan, this is worth watching. Watch it!

CoyotesGator likes this.
  12. crossroadsnyc

Well, the playoffs officially start tonight! I'm a near certainty to make an early exit here in round 1, but I'm still gonna give it a go. My biggest decisions are Gordon vs Ingram at W/R/T & Wentz vs Cousins at QB. I hate having to make tough decisions on Thursday night games, as I'd like a few more days to think it over. Anyway, good luck to you guys this week!

13. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

You too! And good luck to everyone else as well..but not too good..:)

14. CoyotesGator

Best of luck to y’all in the playoffs.

I’m fighting to stay out of last place!

:duel:

15. JimiRules

My plan is to expect the worst. Usually when I'm confident about my team I take a beating. When I expect the worst, my team gets hot and overachieves.

16. crossroadsnyc

The only day I've been confident this season was draft day ... and seriously, my second thoughts kicked in the very next morning. I have the ultimate .500 team ... good enough to kick anyone's ass on any given day, and bad enough to get smoked the next. It's ok though ... like I said before, last week was my game of the year, and I'm just happy to have lucked out enough to be in the race.

Oh, and FWIW, Ingram is having a huge night ... I'm so pissed ... I was actually gonna switch him in, but got to playing w/my daughter and totally forgot!

6StringStewie and JimiRules like this.
  17. crossroadsnyc

18. Gunner64

Good luck Stewie.. but not too good!

CoyotesGator and 6StringStewie like this.
  19. 6StringStewie

Good luck to you as well! It's definitely going to be a tough game and I don't think I will score as much as is projected. Godwin is more than likely out for the rest of the season due to injury. Dalvin Cook has a shoulder injury that is questionable. Kupp is up and down in production. Hopefully I made the right acquisitions. It'll be a fun one!

Gunner64 likes this.
  20. Gunner64

Holy good shit Stewart...lol..I give I give!!! Congratulations..my team was terrible today.

JimiRules and 6StringStewie like this.