Fake gibson ( shall i buy ? )

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Vintager12, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Vintager12

Vintager12 New Member

Shall i buy a fake gibson les paul ? I allready own 2 TRUE USA gibsons, and shal i buy this FAKE gibson ? And the pups, how do they sound ? Hers's a pic:

LesPaulStandardCranberry006.jpg

I had this pic from google but the one i can buy is the same one.

2. surfdog777

surfdog777 Member

Those things are pure trash. Don't waste your money.

3. American Viking

American Viking Well-Known Member

a fake gibson? i don't know what do you like better, particle board or mahogany?

4. jcmjmp

jcmjmp Well-Known Member

By buying it, you would encourage the sellers and manufacturers to make more of this crap. They're illegal copies. Report them to Gibson and the authorities.

5. Vintager12

Vintager12 New Member

I Loveee Maghogany

Thanks people for the good advice!

6. theflyingmat

theflyingmat Member

I'm not sure what you mean by FAKE. Does it have the gibson logo etc etc on it, or is it just a remake by another company. The thing is I've never heard of fake guitars. Watches, yes, golf clubs etc yes, but never guitars...that's scary.

7. jcmjmp

jcmjmp Well-Known Member

Report it. They're illegal and should be destroyed.

8. dmnall

dmnall New Member

I agree report the seller to Gibson and the seller's local PD because one it only helps the pirates to make more of these garbage quality ripoffs... I have seen a few of these fakes and the biggest give away is their logos and their truss rod covers! Even on the Gibson forums, a guy got ripped off by buying a fake les paul custom that looked real to anyone who does not know about these guitars but with someone that does, spotted the fingerboard was Rosewood and not Ebony like the custom's has, also the headstock logo was really off!

Cheers,
    Charlie

9. WrenchDevil6

WrenchDevil6 New Member

Is there a reason you are always asking questions you already know the answers to? You say that you have two USA Les Pauls, yet you come here asking about a piece of trash like this? That doesn't make sense. Anyone who owns even just one USA LP knows that a shitty knock off would never even be close to an Epiphone, let alone a USA.

Maybe I'm beyond understanding, but it seems like every time you get a random thought passing through your head, you want to make a thread about it.

Read more. Post less.

10. byljer

byljer Member

Report it! I did when I spotted a fake Peter Frampton signature up for sale here in Norway, and the guitar got removed very quickly from the web afterwards. Shit like that doesen't deserve to give some a..hole any income!

11. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

Fake Les Paul are made in China. They say Gibson and everything. Many have 3 screw truss rod covers. The tops go from good to spectacular; that's how you know they're fake from a distance. $300 delivered is typical. They are actually first rate guitars too, except the pickups suck. Order at your own risk; they sure seem illegal to me!

Some people say real Les Pauls are mostly made in China today too.

Ken

12. Vintager12

Vintager12 New Member

It was one of my first posts..

13. Vintager12

Vintager12 New Member

And i don't know who the seller was anymore. :(

14. theflyingmat

theflyingmat Member

He might be wanting it as a cheap guitar to take abroad to work or to 'bling up'. Just a thought.

15. cudamax2343

cudamax2343 New Member

Fake Gibson. Damn that opens up a hole can of worms.:naughty:
    Did he say china, man I didn't see that.
    But Everyone has made Knock-offs of the Legendary Gibsons. From the 70's up until now and some are just as good.

Just to name a Few:= The Scorpions were all Gibson for years and now go with the "Dommenget" Guitars that make Gibsons Better than Gibson
    Dommenget Home
    Check out the "E" guitars. And what about ESP/Ibanez/Greco/Aria/Navitgators

The Agile paul copies are just as good as well. With Soild Mahogany and a full 3/4" maple top.
    Is Gibson even offing that now? or for the past 20yrs.

Heck even with Agile you can order through their Custom Shop for about 1200Dollars A Neck Though with a Floyd Full body/neck Binding and it will come to-ya with a Graph-tech nut cut rather nicely:lol:

16. ptate

ptate New Member

WORLD of WANKERS more like........

Back to real discussions.

My daily "bat" is a Keiper Les Paul copy. Chinese made Custom-a-like in black. Neck is great, body looks smart and everything else is sound. I own two vintage Gibson LP's and an '04 Custom too. I've had a few more Gibsons over the years.

The Keiper is great.

If it had a GIBSON sticker over the top, that becomes a different matter as it is simply ILLEGAL- FRAUDULENT...!

Buy one from a company who has the balls to put their name on the head as they are obviously trying to brand the product, not rip you off......

:hippie::headbanger:

17. jcmjmp

jcmjmp Well-Known Member

Noticed your sig and your collection of gear. You have a '92 DSL 201? That's pretty amazing, considering the fact that the JCM2000 DSL line came out in 1997.

18. Procter2812

Procter2812 New Member

I went to shanghai in april and brought back a fake les paul custom with gibson hardcase for just £160!!!!

I had the frets dressed etc and a few new parts put on... the pickups were epiphone pickups. anyway iv got a real les paul custom and tbh yes there is a difference but some of the copies oer there are just crazy... i mean just like the real ones.

I just bought mine for my sex pistols tribute band because the real steve jones les paul custom is £3000!!!

heres a pic of mine...[​IMG]

not the best pic haha