Ever Been Shocked By Some One You Haven't Seen In A While?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by BowerR64, Apr 13, 2019.

1. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

Met this guy in the mid to late 90s and we sort of lost touch he played guitar maybe his style of music or something and i think he moved away. This was a little before cell phones and once he moved we just lost touch.

Couple of days ago i ran into the guy at guitar center and my god i had no clue who he was. He recognized me but when he said do you remember me? i had no clue

I was in shock he only had 1 tooth i could see, looked like he hadn't shaved or showered in a few days sores on his hands i was scared to shake the guys hand. I think he is around 15 years younger then me but that day he looked so much older and so unhealthy.

Ive seen images of people who were strung out on meth but never knew anyone. Man it was so sad to see in person. Crazy how it can grip some one and take so much away.

Trelwheen and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  2. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Well, yes a few once hotties from high school. Would have given anything to banged them. Saw them at a high school reunion and could NOT believe how disgusting they looked...you could not pay me to bang them! Man, how time can change things!

3. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

I hate it when people walk up with a taser.

Trelwheen, jmp45 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  4. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Awesome a triple post! Havent seen that yet around here LOL.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  5. clutch71

clutch71 Well-Known Member

I looked for a childhood friend on Facebook and finally found him. I noticed there were long breaks in between his post. At first I thought he was not a prolific Facebooker. One of his last post referenced that he had met someone special and was upset because he had messed up...again. So based on his location profile I started looking around in Colorado correctional facilities. I found him serving 10 years for armed robbery and possession of meth.

6. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

Yeahhhhh... about ten years ago, I was in a fun lil punk band. We toured a bit, did a lot of covers but were coming into our own with some originals... except once it was studio time, everyone vanished. Me and the band manager were there, but no one else ever showed. After a few days, we called it quits. I never knew what happened to those guys. I drove to their apartment (they all lived together) and no one was there. I asked around and got nuthin. Eventually I gave up.

When I was recently in the hospital... and not very coherent, I might add... I looked up and there was my bass player from several bands ago! His hair wasnt black anymore and he didnt have any of his piercings and... he was wearing scrubs. But it was him alright. He was an RN. After I recovered a bit more, I asked him what's up and what happened and blah blah blah. He said the other two went out to score (they'd become addicts) and never came back. And then HIS girlfriend made him move to California with her. Everything happened so fast, that they forgot to tell their lead singer...
    Felt a little bullshnitty, to be honest. I'm still pretty hurt by it. Still no idea where those other two are!

7. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

And that’s what happens when the site is running sloooow an is not responding :shrug:

Wooferhead1 and pedecamp like this.
  8. BowerR64

Couple other guys from school i ran into after about 15 years of time lost and they hadnt changed a bit. One guy had lost all his hair and gained a few pounds but other then that he didnt look much different.

Its weird you get an image of someone in your head from the last time you see em and you hang on to that image then when you see em again after some time your mental image takes a shock.

9. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

Has happened many times. They come up to say hello, and I have no idea who they are? I usually act like I know who they are, until I recognize them. Sometime it works, sometimes not. I talked with one guy for 7 or 8 minutes, and never did figure out who he was.

My singer and I were in a local bar one day after practice, when a guy walks up and starts shooting the shit with us. He's like... "What's going on, Snaps? Where have you two been hiding?" Rob and I looked at each other, puzzled as to who this guy is? Rob, says; Excuse me, but who are you?" He replies; "LOL! Bite me, man! It's me, Bobby, Bobby Williams!" I flipped-out! It had only been like 8 years since either of us had seen him, yet he was totally unrecognizable. Not in a drugged-out way, just different.

10. rich88uk

rich88uk Well-Known Member

About 8 years ago i was at a funeral wake in a pub beer garden. Sat at a table for about 10 minutes chatting to some old friends from school and the woman opposite said you don't recognise me do you. Turned out my mum was friends with her mum and we used to play together all the time as babies till we were about 8, hadnt seen each other in years so how she recognised me I don't know. She's my wife now.

Always strange when you see someone you've not seen for years as 9 times out of 10 they always look different then you would expect them to.

11. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

Mine has done it, more than a couple of times, the only thing I can do is go back and hit edit, erase everything and leave a period! :agreed:

jimmyjames likes this.
  12. Mitchell Pearrow

I have been trying to find a buddy of mine for a while now and no fnng luck:shrug:

67Mopar likes this.
  13. JimiRules

JimiRules Well-Known Member

That happens to me quite a bit. I'll see someone from school that I haven't seen in 20+ years. They've been frozen in time as a 17 or 18 year old as far as I'm concerned. Then when I see how much they've aged it hits me about how much time has passed.

14. 67Mopar

67Mopar Well-Known Member

Same here. There are several people I cannot find. One is a former girlfriend. Not only can I not locate her, I can't locate her sisters, or brother. Weird!

EndGame00 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  15. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Yes... The hottest chicks back in highschool or college are now beached beluga whales and elephant seals looking for a tub of fish at Walmart....

16. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

My buds my age have retired.

I'm going to die behind the wheel.

jimmyjames and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  17. BowerR64

Well another problem for me is i was in a bad car wreck 30 years ago and had a bad shot to my head there are some times ive just completely forgot 10 years or soafter the wreck are just a complete blur and bit and pieces before. Ide say i had a major concussion

18. Mitchell Pearrow

And I behind the saw, hammer, nail gun!

jimmyjames likes this.
  19. dro

dro Well-Known Member

Joined a nine piece band in 1978. I was youngest by at 6 to 12 years so I didn't know any of these guys. The nine piece lasted for three years before it fell apart. Four of us carried on. Called ourselves the nucleus, as for the next 15 years all forms of the band 4 pc 5 pc 6 pc all consisted of the original 4. One of the nucleus 4 got off into Heroin, hocked some of my equipment and disappeared. That was over twenty years ago. This guy had become what I would call a brother. Haven't seen or heard from him since. Have found traces of him on the internet...ala criminal records. Would like to find him. Tell him all is forgiven, as I still consider him a brother. Of that nucleus there is myself...Lead, rhythm, keys, bass, vocal. Him, rhythm, 2nd lead, trumpet, vocal (best singer I ever worked with). Bass Player (deceased) Bass, keys, guitar vocal. As well as Drummer, Drums percussion, vocals.
    Interesting note: when we started recording, Engineer from Warner Bros. told me " in the end, it will be you and the drummer left.
    Played last gig with the drummer in October 2018. Gigged together for 40 years. Consider all these guys brothers. God Speed

Mitchell Pearrow and jimmyjames like this.
  20. keennay

keennay Well-Known Member

Beat me to it lol