DSL1CR Tone stack

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by FBMachine, Apr 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. FBMachine

FBMachine New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to find info on the tone stack for my DSL1, but it seems like the schematics for this amp are not available anywhere. I've found discussions on the bright cap (and a pencil sketch of this), but not the full tone stack. I know there are schematics of the higher watt versions, but they seem to have various differences (e.g. deep switch) that aren't in the DSL1CR/DSL1HR.

Any help would be appreciated. It's really just the tone stack part of the schematic I'm interested.
    Thanks!

2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

It would be cool if somebody could figure out how to make these amps more open sounding and not so compressed, that would be a win. :yesway:

3. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

You would be better off by getting another amp and not modifying that amp. The tone shaping is all along the preamp not just the tone stack

4. FBMachine

FBMachine New Member

I understand that, I'm just specifically looking for information on the tone stack of this amp.

5. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

With out the a schematic it is real hard to find. Not all tone stacks are in the same place in the preamp . I would look at the phase splitter circuit