DSL 40CR WARRANTY

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Lukas, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

So I’ve had this amp coming up on a year April 7th... I love it and it’s been absolutely flawless. I have a chance to re new the warranty for another year for $40 until April 7.... just wondering peoples opinion on this? If it’s been solid and hasn’t skipped a beat in a year is this a waste of money to get for another year? Or is it a good idea to renew it?

2. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

Pass. I won't even buy the extended warranties on cars and we know what those can cost.

scozz and Bull Rock like this.
  3. Chris-in-LA

Chris-in-LA Well-Known Member

Renew it? The manufacturers warranty covers the first year anyway. And, I never buy the extended warranties on electronics, but that’s me. If you’re nervous, pay the $40.

4. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Warranty is probably useless

Terms are most likely ship the dang thing to them at your own expense, then wait 60 or so days after they receive it for a verdict... and who knows if they'll even be open in this new and improved coronavirus world order.

5. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

MARSHALL USA LIMITED TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY

All Marshall amplifiers sold by authorized Marshall dealers are warranted by the Marshall division of Korg USA to be free from defects in material or workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years* on parts and three (3) years* on labor from the original date of purchase. Speaker cabinets are covered for a period of three (3) years* on parts and labor from the original date of purchase.

Any products found to be defective within the applicable period will be repaired or replaced at the option of the Marshall division, without any charge provided that; (1) the product was not misused, abused, improperly maintained, or repaired by any person not authorized by Marshall division; (2) its failure resulted from a defect in material or workmanship and was not damaged due to use other than its intended use; (3) the product was not used under abnormal, excessive, or unusual operating conditions and (4) the product is promptly delivered prepaid to the seller at the place of purchase or to an authorized Marshall warranty service center together with proof of purchase within the applicable period.

Do not return units directly to the Marshall division for service.

There are no warranties, expressed or implied, other than those expressed herein. Further, there is no warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This warranty does not cover units used for loan or rental. Limitation of Liability: the above warranty represents purchaserʼs exclusive remedy and the Marshall division shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages relating to the product sold.

Some states do not allow limitations on the duration of implied warrant or the exclusion may not apply to some purchasers. This warranty gives purchasers specific legal rights and purchasers may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.

* Exceptions:
    Speakers 3 Years
    MS-2, MS-4, MT-1, Effects pedals 1 Year
    Tubes, Footswitches 90 days
    Vinyl Covers/Bags & Batteries No Warranty

https://www.americanmusical.com/ItemFiles/Manual/Marshall_guitar_combo_warranty.pdf

Bull Rock likes this.
  6. Musicmaniac

Musicmaniac Active Member

Don't waste your money.

7. Bull Rock

Bull Rock Well-Known Member

It's, a 5 year bro.

8. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

Is this the type warrantee that provides an instant replacement if your amp breaks?
    Beyond the factory warrantee?

Because the factory warrantee already covers normal repairs for 3-5 years (not instant replacement).

But:
    The DSL40CR has a lot of problems, and quite a few have gone to the service center over and over again.
    We know that several of these amps have defective microprocessor chips.
    And so, if the warrantee provides instant replacement, (above and beyond the factory) $40- then it IS worth it.

9. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

Mine are the Dsl40c’s I have had them since 4/10/16 only problem so far has been 2 preamp tubes.
    I would skip the extended warranty.
    Cheers

Bull Rock likes this.
  10. Micky

Micky Well-Known Member VIP Member

Who did you get your warranty from? The 40CR already has a 5-year...

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.