DSL 100h clean chanel volume fluctuates

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by Mike Loiseau, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Mike Loiseau

Mike Loiseau New Member

I have a DSL 100H, I've had it about 3 years now and love it. A little while back i started noticing the clean channel volume would go up and down sometimes would stay down for a bit and come back up. It starts doing this about 5 min after i start playing and lasts about 20 min or so, then seems to be good for the rest of the session. if i change channel to dirty and back to clean it sometimes brings the volume back but not always.
    All the research i did pointed to a bad tube so i ordered a full set of tubes, i installed and checked the bios and both sides where 87ma and does not need adjustment i believe.
    We'll it has the same issue as before and is frustrating the hell out of me. would really appriciate any input in diagnosing the problem .:)

2. Listogast

Listogast Member

Did you try a different guitar cable? Sometimes my DSL gets quiet, but if I unplug from my pedalboard and plug straight into the amp, the volume returns to normal.

3. Mike Loiseau

Mike Loiseau New Member

Yes i did try a different cable and plugged directly into the amp, still had the issue.

4. Mike Loiseau

Mike Loiseau New Member

I thought i would have got a little more help with this, anyone know a site that may help with diognosing this problem?

SkyMonkey likes this.
  5. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

Hang on in there. Someone will come along to help.

But not me unfortunately, never had that amp.

6. matttornado

matttornado Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with my DSL40CR.

That sucks! Good luck. Wish I could I could help.

I took it in for warranty repair and the Marshall service center could not replicate the problem so they replaced the entire main PCB with an updated firmware version.

7. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

I have a 2103 DSL100H, never had this problem.

When the volume drops, are you actually playing clean? Like with mine, it's pretty much green/clean all the time, but I'm running a dirt pedal, so while I AM using the clean channel, it's definitely not a clean sound.

8. Mike Loiseau

Mike Loiseau New Member

Hey, Yes im using my clean channel but running an OCD pedal so it is dirty, but is also does it when i am playing clean.

mcblink likes this.
  9. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

10. instinctfx

instinctfx Active Member

Does it happen on the other channels or just the green/clean ?? What about the green/crunch channel ? ( i mean staying on those channels for the similar length of time)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  11. Mike Loiseau

Mike Loiseau New Member

Ok so i have something new to add,I was playing last night and it started doing the volume drop issue right in the middle of a face melting solo.. i went over and smacked the top of the amp in frustration and the volume came back...smacked it a few more times and the volume would go up and down like it has been, so now i'm thinking there is a wire or something that's loose inside. Any ideas where to start with this? really appreciate any help