Driving Around Listening To Moby Dicccc Dicccc Diiiccckkkk

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Tim Fezziwig, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Tim Fezziwig

Tim Fezziwig Well-Known Member

No, not the "filler" from Zep 2-THE Moby Dick by Herman Melville. 20 cds worth of the best BS known to man. I had to be "warmed up" to Moby. I read the first 100 pages;got tired. 15 pages on knots? I was too young to understand. My 20's were a blur and hangovers and wrecked cars. I hit my 30's and I began to get the BIG concepts. Stamina is the key to life. I then finished all the monsters=James Joyce-Ulysses+Finnegan's Wake+The Bible+Moby+War and Peace+THE ANATOMY OF MELANCHOLY!!!!!!!

All the drugs in Philly could not "expand" my brain like these "doorstops*" could. Once I understood how themes could be expanded and morphed over hundreds of pages the "trickle" began. I woke up one morning............

" Tim?"
    " Who are you?"
    "I'm your GODMIND."
    " Yeah? How much blood do you want?
    " None. I'm here to help you erase the past."
    "Why do that?"
    "Because you were a moron. You did not connect the !@777777***____--__-__--__--_\)))0000))))00---------(((9999999999999____---_--__----_---_--_--

I sat there as cold "water" ran down the inside of my skull. 11 hours later I was ? Healed? Destroyed? I started pounding the streets. I saw the folly. Why drink-drug-gamble-eat beef-listen to any other human????????????????????????????????

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That was lifetimes ago.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I just moved into a house-my first. My wife and I packed up all of my books. I filled up 25 boxes! I loaded an empty Hoover Vacuum box with 229 lbs of ART books!!!!!The movers were in HELL!

"Deeeeseeee boxes are heavier than your furniture?"
    " Son, they are loaded with dreams."
    "Dreams?
    "Yes, the dreams of the HYLIOPOPOPOPOPO!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Knowlege weighs tons. Ignorance is not bliss. Bliss is carrying the tonnage of
    the ages upon thy strapped back. I better go read some Dostoevsky. I have to play R+R with my band tomorrow. I need some new "riffs."

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    *-Gigantic books which can be used to stop doors.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Lo-Tek, Coronado and mazzefr like this.
  2. benjammin420

benjammin420 Member

I prefer the Zeppelin version

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  3. Tim Fezziwig

b, I do before the GODAWFUL drum solo. I was 15 when I saw Song Remains at the Midnite movies. I was drunk as a hippo,even at that age I realized Bonzo was no soloist.

4. benjammin420

benjammin420 Member

Yeah, the guitar bits are my favorite part :hbang:

I've always meant to read the book, audiobook might be a good idea. I liked the TV movie with Captain Picard

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  5. Tim Fezziwig

b, I can't tell you it is a "fun' read. Mind expansion is painful. Audiobooks are a nice way to add "poetry" to your life. I get tired of hearing crass, I need "elevation." I just listened to some Milton-Paradise Lost on the drive to work. I'm still riding a "literary" high.