dimebag

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by john hammond, Sep 19, 2019.

1. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

Yep. Dime has always been on my list of favorites. Speaking of bands who have brothers as members, Gojira rips ass too, with another pair of bros doing the drums/guitar thing. Darrell's demise hit me pretty hard at the time, and I do miss his inimitable style and riffage. His tone, well....it worked out for him and the boys pretty well. The day Vinnie died, I had just met all the Mastodon dudes, watched their show, had an awesome time, and then as I was leaving that night, my cousin texted me, all torn up, with the news about Vinnie (those guys were his biggest heroes) and it left a bittersweet mark on my memories of that day. Seems that the best are always taken too soon. At least they left us some kickass music before they went.

Cool link. I always knew that little part was funky, felt odd, not that it's not doable; but it's cool to see the theory involved there in contrast to the feel of it (not that those guys probably did that intentionally...) and it's not something I ever put that much thought/analysis into. Interesting for sure.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  2. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

The miscreant the shot Dime was blaming him for the breakup of the band when in reality it was Anselmo that refused to go in to full fill his contract obligations and record another record, so they had no choice but to shit can him. This world is full of retards.

3. mcblink

Yeah, Phil is. .

Well, Phil is Phil.

4. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

I see what you did there. :lol:

5. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

6. bad565ss

bad565ss Well-Known Member

I loved Pantera. Say what you want about Phil but he was absolutely a key element in that band. Dime was on a higher level. Much like Randy Rhoads for me. He was also a beautiful guy who treated people good.
    Just a happy go lucky dude. His death was shocking and so unfair. Humans are capable of a lot of really disgusting things unfortunately.

7. renips

renips Well-Known Member

As a unit Pantera were so tight. They were a brutal force of power live and on record.

8. mcblink

Oh, it was no bash on Phil. There's no denying that Phil was a key element, and I like they guy too, but he's his own man, and he's just Phil as is lol

Probably at the top of my list of favorite vocalists of all time as well