Digitech RP1000 - Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by joshuaaewallen, Jun 20, 2010.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Active Member

Actually the GSP-21 had the best tone..... still does, You could (& I do) hook it up using the 4 cable method.

[​IMG]

2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands Well-Known Member

If you're like me and prefer extreme metal tones, I think the GSP1101 is the best bet. Besides the Line 6 POD HD, it has THE best and most realistic high gain tones out of any processor, IMO.

But if I'm gonna get a rack setup, I'd probably either get an old Line 6 POD X3 Pro or Engl E530 w/ a G-Major II. :D

3. beammeupwelshy

beammeupwelshy New Member

Not really familiar with that one. But I think that the RP1000, for the price is a pretty good deal. Granted, its probably not the best out there. I really did want to get that TC system thingy originally, and wasn't that bothered about models, but it was too much coin for me.

As for Line 6, I dunno, I tried a whole bunch of line 6 stuff before I got the RP and thought they sounded like shit. Everything sounds fizzy and fake. They do have some nice delays and modulation FXs though, but as for models I think Digitech are kicking arse and highly underrated. You do realistically have to run it though a valve power section, but then what model FX unit wouldn't sound better running through a hot pair of valves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6yj0FjQJN0]Eternal Descent: Guitar recording with Digitech RP1000 - YouTube[/ame]

This guy seems to rate it.

joshuaaewallen likes this.
  4. XxIPxX

XxIPxX New Member

friend of mine uses the RP1000

I prefer my GT-8 tho, however the tones you get out of them are fairly similar.

[​IMG]

5. beammeupwelshy

beammeupwelshy New Member

Yeah I almost got a GT10 cos they seemed pretty good and the price was only a touch more.

But I couldn't find any info that told me if you can use this in the 4 cable method with an amp. I know that you can do it cause you just plug it in that way, but what I mean is, are its input and output impedances and software configurablilty setup to not mess with your tone, and route your signal the appropriate way.

I found plenty of info on people saying its all good to do but no actual official specs that confirm it. So I went with the RP as it is set up to do the 4 cable method properly, its basically designed to work exactly that way.

6. Seanguitar

Seanguitar New Member

I have an rp1000 and I love it except for one huge thorn in my side. The wah activator is way too sensitive. At this point I would like to disable the wah function all together and add an out board wah effect pedal. Is it possible to deactivate the wah function on a rp 1000?

7. joshuaaewallen

joshuaaewallen Active Member

The pedal can be programed to do anything you want, be a wah, a volume, a gain level, switch channels, effects level, anything. If you like the wah, you can program it to take greater for pressure to activate the wah forcing you to have to really mash down on it hard to activate it. And you it can do all of those things globally or as a channel specific preset. It's really flexibleand you can set it up however you want to set it up, so it's all up to you. The manual tells you how to do all of this.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  8. Michael R

Michael R New Member

Routing/daisy-chain question

My question is: does anyone have a "best" way to connect and use an RP1000 with an RP355? I will have the end result of the RP's going back into my Roland GR-33.

I decided to route the RP355 as a stompbox by using the mono stompbox effects loop. I am a bit disappointed that it isn’t a stereo effects loop.

I also have a dbx goRack and the Behringer UMC202HD. Prior to buying the RP1000 I would route from the GR-33 guitar out into the input of the RP355 and the stereo outs of the RP355 back into the GR-33 stereo returns. The GR-33 stereo outs into the dbx goRack stereo inputs via XLR plugs and stereo outs into the UMC202HD. The UMC202HD stereo outs into the Behringer K3000FX Keyboard Amp.

Anyone have some thoughts or experience on this?

Thanks in advance,
    Michael R

9. royslead

royslead Well-Known Member

Why use both? It would seem to me, the RP1000 does all (except drum machine) the 355 does; or is that what you want it for? I'm wondering if you could not use the stomp loop and the amp loop as your stereo R and L. Of course, if you are using the RP1000 for amp models, that won't work. I almost think a small mixer may be your best bet.

10. Michael R

Michael R New Member

Thank you for your reply!! Sorry that I'm just reading this. I did manage to use the setup I mentioned. I do have to re-visit the setup, (I've been doing a lot of other projects and haven't worked with the setup for about two months.) I will post the pictures of the connections tomorrow. I can use both loopers in conjunction which is cool.

royslead likes this.
  11. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

I had a GSP 21 Pro and IPS33 years ago, gave them to my son along with an EP-4 echoplex. The all in one pedal processor I have is an old Boss GT-5. It does all I need. It's not my main board, probably the most mobile.

[​IMG]