Defending Fezz Belt

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Tim Fezziwig, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Tim Fezziwig

Tim Fezziwig Well-Known Member

2016-50 years old-playing garage Rock-like I mean it---because I do.

I picked up the ELECTRIC guitar in my early teens. R+R was getting tired. I was going to see ZEP-then Bonzo died. I had tickets for Randy-he died. I sat in my suburban room beating on a 17lb Hondo 2 LP copy. I had a small Gorilla amp and a Rat Pedal-----

That is a decent lyric;very Joe's Garage

"Down in Tim's bedroom we didn't have a Fender or LSD---just a Hondo2 and a Rat pedal........

I'll work on this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>....

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    I plucked away. I got whiskers. I took lessons. I could not play Dust in the Wind. ELECTRIC guitar was very hard in the 80's. No video lessons. Mel Bay books and failed JAZZers teaching punks open chords. I decided to let the Hondo rest. Poetry was far easier,just let the pain out,no scales,no minor chords. I just sat on benches and composed Post-Beat odes. Philly was big on Poetry then?????I attended many a slam. I was "almost" awarded the POETRY belt...........then-kissy kissy came into play----

"Hey.....ughhh.....Tim....we REALLY like your Poetry.....but.......you do not kiss our butts.......you must kiss kiss....then you get RICHES..............

They gave THE STRAP to some dope who couldn't carry my quill. I got a piece of paper= To Tim-the second best young Poet in Philly..........
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

By Bye Poetry-

Hello R+R. 1991 ........I was old to be starting a band;26 was ANCIENT back then. I started a little band. We tried to play Zep+Sab covers. We stunk. Then the glow-worms-entered-my---------

I wrote my own "visions." I put chords to my poetry. We slowly climbed the rankings-we got to 82 best band in Philly-------then 60--------17----------then....

"Hey ummmm,,,,Tim.....we REALLY like your little ole band from Philly....but.....you must kissy kissy.....

NO KISSY KISSY! Then bans......more bans.......then BYE BYE R+R!
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    2008-small comeback..................2011-smaller comeback----------2014 HUGE COME BACK! I created my own FEZZ belt.......the ony butt I had to kiss was my own.................Old FEZZ #5 is 2 years old. Just got the news.

"Tim, this is Link Wray.........hey Tim Steve Gaines here------GOOD NEWS-----you are THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Link and Steve. I'll meet you later tonight in the mist.........

It only took me 25 years to get THE CALL----------------YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Here is the gig that "put me over. Last Saturday Night-Red Stallion was DESTROYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    tubes, Far Rider, DirtySteve and 2 others like this.
  2. Tim Fezziwig

3. Tim Fezziwig

My friend, Big Possum ,called,
    "Tim, that was !@#$"
    " You really liked it?"
    "You are an A'hole. You actually despise your audience."
    "Sure do, they are morons,sitting there sheep-eyed drinking swill."
    " I can't believe they didn't shut you down."

Big P was there in '93 when I got shut down every gig. Lights and PA would cut out and I would finish the song and pack up REAL slowly.

"I wish they did. I never play a whole hour. The owner was a sour little man. He can eat my ear-wax."
    " You messed up every song."
    "It was dark ;I couldn't see my fret markers."
    "What a lame excuse."

He lambasted me for 10 minutes.

"Glad we delivered. "
    "Yes, your band is just as bad as it was in your prime."
    "Love you, hope you choke on some dry turkey."
    "Screw you Tim."

CCCccccccccccccccllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccckkkkkk

People always hate THE CHAMP!

4. tonetrain

tonetrain Well-Known Member

Fezz, I'm from the South, we know how to deal wit possums, pm me his address asap

Tim Fezziwig likes this.
  5. Tim Fezziwig

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

6. Tim Fezziwig

t. he is OK-just a Philly jerko like me- here is one of my fave Southern bands......

Far Rider and DirtySteve like this.
  7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Well-Known Member VIP Member

Fezz, you are one of a kind, brother. I always smile when I see you've posted, it could be anything, lol. This was a good one. :yesway:

Far Rider and Tim Fezziwig like this.
  8. Tim Fezziwig

Thanks Dirty.The CHAMP is having CoCo custard pie and chocolate milk---then rest-must work tomorrow- SOCIAL WORK IS NEVER DONE! Blood Ceremony is nice music.

DirtySteve likes this.
  9. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Well-Known Member VIP Member

Indeed.

Tim Fezziwig likes this.