Dang Its Hard To Get Rid Of Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by BowerR64, May 5, 2019.

1. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

So ive decided to sell off all my guitars and get a few good ones, my friends always gave me shit about it why i keep buying all these cheap guitars instead of just buying a few good ones. I finally decided they were right.

I think at one point i had around 30 guitars, Epiphones, Squiers, a few steinberger spirits.

I already sold most of my Epiphones i still have 2 left of around 10 total, and ive sold i think 5 of my squiers, now im getting down to my last few favorites and damn it is hard to let these things go.

The first ones that i let go were mostly stock all of the Epiphones were stock i never really did anything to them but the strats i put some time into converting all of them from SSS to either a single humbucker or an HS setup cutting the pickguards, rewiring them and i feel like i have a bond with em since i did the special work on em.

Im about $200. short of a good Traditional les paul so i need to get rid of a few more but after i took all the pictures to post em on craigslist its just tough to post em for sale. They play good but i know what i get will be better.

The squiers are all the standards most with the 2 point trem, the Epiphones were standards, standard pros, a classic, one was a custom pro so they were kinda middle of the road decent players.

Attached Files:

Mitchell Pearrow and steveb63 like this.
  2. JeffMcLeod

JeffMcLeod Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with having an emotional attachment to [anything]. Once you sell it, it's gone. If you have an emotional attachment to something, go ahead and keep it. Nothing wrong with that.

Mitchell Pearrow and BftGibson like this.
  3. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

do not let your friends influence your passions in a negative way.
    get rid of the cheap ones and get a few good one?
    sounds like they are basing "good' off of monetary investments.
    only an idiot would base "good" off the money that was spent.
    dont let these types into your head to ruin your passion bro.

4. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Only do what you want to do, the hell with what others say. If you like them you like them!! Anyway, Im sure it will all work out and you'll be happy in the end!!

5. BowerR64

Well i get their point

I have a couple of marshall amps finally then play guitars made in china threw em

They were meaning why have 15 china made guitars that are copys of the real deal?

I do want a real Gibson and a real fender my problem is when i get money i instantly want to spend it. Rather then save a while and get one for $1-2k i buy a bunch of $200.-$300. guitars.

6. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Once you get that one or two nice guitars in your hands you will forget all about those that are gone. I'm kind of doing the same thing right now, sold all my amps except my 2204 and just spent some of the money on a 1987x should have it by next week. I already had my one good amp so I never really missed the Vox, Fender, Orange, Peavey that I got rid of. Total focus on the 2204 right now and I'm like damn why did I even need those other amps!

scozz and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  7. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

It took me over 2 months to trade my '75 Fender Telecaster.

For some reason, musicians will value what they have and not face reality in the cost of other instruments.

It's bizzarre.

Trade a spare tire for a DeVille?:lol:

I wouldn't go near an ugly 30 year old headstock repaired Gibson SG Special; blown Peavy Bandit or Squire Strat for my '75 Telecaster.

I'm about to dip my toes in the market by parting with an '06 Rick 360 and '97 MIJ Fender Flower Power Telecaster.

The fun is about to start.

:duel:

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  8. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

Self control...

9. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

This weeks downsize starts with these clean specimens:

clrickflowerpower.jpg
    clrick.jpg
    clrickback.jpg
    clflowerpowerbody.jpg
    clflowerpowerbodyback.jpg

Can't wait to hear the flotsam and jetsam offers.

You know it'll come.................

Is that you Al Bundy?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  10. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

I recently sold my Korean made epi tobacco burst LP I loved that guitar, served me well for almost 3 years, traded a beat up Korean made LP for a local build firebird, and I have another epi LP standard up for sale, also sold a squire partscaster, with the left handed maple neck, and a MIM strat, I have hung on to the ones that I like the best but I did need to cull the herd so to speak! Cheers Mitch

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Neil Skene and ricksconnected like this.
  11. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

Cull the herd is the name of the game.

My wife is aware of values and she'd be pissed (as well as me) if I don't get equitable value in return.

Neil Skene and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  12. Mitchell Pearrow

I fixed it axe:shrug: did not notice it when I was typing doh

MarshallDog likes this.
  13. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

Move guitars??!!

So, there's a clean Gibson Tri Burst ES 137 Custom w/a TKL case offered to me for my Rick 360 and Fender Flower Power Tele.

The CL responder is trying to see if i'll bite.

I passed.

CL soap opera.

El Gringo and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  14. BowerR64

I didnt have to sell em, i got an insurance return check an over payment or something so the $200. i was short came in the mail as i was trying to decide what to get.

The Ibanez is a cheaper GIO GRG212 or something, but i want to get a better model so im going to sell em anyway.

Im going to keep the squier strats though for now, im not in a hurry to move those.

15. mirrorman

mirrorman Well-Known Member

Maybe, but a nice guitar (or amp or whatever) doesn't have to cost a pocket full of cash.
    I have definitely experienced buyers remorse after GASsing after something that turned out to be a turd (to me anyway).

16. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

You build up a nice array of gear and then you see (In my case) 3 rooms (and closets) full of gear.:run:

Then, you think about it and it comes to me like that V8 commercial, why don't I sell some gear for some extra $'s.

Not that easy.

I have cool stuff and some limited edition/rare stuff and decide to sell.

Whoa, it's a chore.

There's many times I'd like to give a big FU to many "prospective buyers" who insult with a feeble offer that is so ridiculous.

Yeah, "dang, it's hard to get rid of guitars".:wtf:

17. pedecamp

Its whatever floats your boat and makes you happy, in my case its a Marshall and a Gibson. If it were a Squier and a Bugera it would be no different as long as the owner was happy. Right?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Mitchell Pearrow and mirrorman like this.
  18. Mitchell Pearrow

So true brother, I have a squire that I will probably never sell! Cheers Mitch

19. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

wkt.jpg
    Some just won't leave without a fight. One that is too heavy, doesn't stay in tune, pickups are too harsh/too mild... At least five times in the last two years I've put this Wildkat on craigslist. I get it out of its case, start to adjust or clean it up and start playing it........It behaves and says, "Don't sell me, you'll regret it."

El Gringo likes this.
  20. pedecamp

I have an Ibanez Roadstar II my first "good" guitar, it is very much still playable 35 years later, I will never sell.