Cool White Marshall Class 5 Limited Edition (Only 50 Made)

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by rockinr0ll, Sep 3, 2011.

1. rockinr0ll

rockinr0ll New Member

Gtarzan81 likes this.
  2. blues_n_cues

blues_n_cues Well-Known Member VIP Member

cool. they made the cream one but there's a contrast side by side- not like you'll see it under stage lights.

now to redo my 800 head in white, get that amp, & score an '82 white Anniv 4x12 in white.:dude:

that's fuckin' purty- too bad i just bought another guitar

3. Cap_232_2000

Cap_232_2000 New Member

I purchased one but find myself In a predicament. I have other amps to use. If I take this out of the original box, am I compromising any future appreciation should it go up in value? I have several friends that are telling me to take it out and enjoy it, just take good care of it, save both the original box, paperwork and owners manual, and I should be ok. Any opinions out there for me?

4. Esc

Esc Active Member

Tube amps need to be played. Just take care of it. Dunno about any future appreciation though honestly:hmm:

5. brp

brp Well-Known Member

Well the collector value would certainly be higher in a factory sealed box, that's a no brainer. How much higher is anyone's guess.
    If you bought it solely as a speculator to resell for profit, that would be the thing to do. But is that the only reason you bought it?

I wish they'd do the heads in different colours too. Like Green. Very likely not going to happen though.

6. Cap_232_2000

Cap_232_2000 New Member

Probably will end up opening it and enjoying the awesome tone, just wanted to gather a few opinions, thanks for the input !!!

7. fast98dodge

fast98dodge New Member

Play the damned thing... If you're buying it as an investment, you're not a good investor... With the stock market in the crapper right now, if you bought $400 worth of mutual funds, 20 years from now you're more likely to have a hell of a lot more money than what you would get selling the amp in the box.

Enjoy it... I couldn't imagine not playing mine every chance I get...

:rock:

Stringjunkie likes this.
  8. TPR

TPR New Member

I wouldn't ever buy anything in a "factory sealed" box where I couldn't see the thing I'm actually buying because I think there are ways to steam off the tape, so the box could have a couple of bricks for all I know. Also, what if you hang onto it for 10 years and then decide you're going to play it, only to find out it's a dud? Good luck getting it replaced.

Anyway, I agree that the thing is made to be played. If you don't really need it or want it, put the money toward something else.

9. Cap_232_2000

Cap_232_2000 New Member

All Right guys !!! the decision has been made then, after work today I'm going to bust the seal on that bad boy and make some noise !!!!!!!! Thanks for the replys

Peaty and Stringjunkie like this.
  10. Cap_232_2000

Cap_232_2000 New Member

Opened my new class five this evening, plugged in, turned on, Nothing !!! Unplugged cord from amp, put my head in front of the speaker to listen for noise floor, turned volume up, Nothing !!! Looked through black vented grill on back, tubes were were glowing, shined flash light in back, Problem Identified !!! Apparently the gentlemen on the assembly line had enjoyed to much flop & slosh the previous eve. The speaker cord was laying in the bottom of amp unplugged. I pulled the rear vent grill, plugged it in, Awesome amp !!! Was particularly impressed with how quiet the noise floor was when your not playing. On the low power setting when you turn the amp wide open it has an awesome drive that cannot be achieved on the high power position. Unfortunately, in the low power setting to get that drive the volume is so low that you could only use it for practice around the living room. Overall an awesome toy sounds great with my Hardwire series foot effects from Digitech

11. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 New Member

sold out, that was quick

12. tiny terror

tiny terror New Member

did it have a little white sticker on one corner saying who made it who was it lol

13. Cap_232_2000

Cap_232_2000 New Member

It has a very small white sticker on the top that says, "Finishing A. Pitt" if that is the inspector's name than I think we need to have a little "sit down" and discuss the finer points of working while intoxicated. I'm proud to say that I have made a fine art of it. If done correctly, you can do a proficient job and by the time you get home will never even know you were at work. Speaking of job, let us never forget the contributions that Steve Jobs has left both in the world as well as each of our lives.

14. stratoman

stratoman New Member

Hi everybody, i just receive my black C5, but you Forget one color: yellow, it's a spécial run for the french distributor or Marshall amps, it's a yellow one, i've just bought it, it was an amp offered by Marshall to the french distributor Gaffarel, you can see it in pictures on google, i'll post pictures when i receive it...the color seems so great, cool...i don't think amps can really go higher today like amps of the 60's that are symbol of. Rock'n'roll....but i'm happy to have this one in yellow made in 1 unit only as a gift to Gaffarel...the price i paid is a little less than a new one (374€ while a new is about 400-450€ in France for the last C5 to sell...but the amp is like new, it was a an amp for showing and it has a warranty too...).
    So there's 6 colors made by Marshall with this one... :)

15. GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder Well-Known Member

Way to dig up a dead post!

[​IMG]

16. JayCM800

JayCM800 Well-Known Member

Yellow Class 5...

:photos: Please!

thrawn86 likes this.
  17. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Well-Known Member VIP Member

Welcome to the forum Stratoman...yes photos, I'd like to see it too. :)

18. stratoman

stratoman New Member

Give me your mail by forum messenger and i can send you the pictures i have from the shop, but i didn't receive it, i should receive it on tuesday....the shop is à serious shop...the amp was made for the french importator Gaffarel (it's written on the front panel), and i bought this one just for the color, i knew there was only one pièce in yellow...it's not a custom made at all...the amp is NOS...i thought it was funny to have it in Yellow nos that the amp is no longer made...
    Please send me your mail and i send you the pictures, i can't put pictures with my smartphone, while i can send the pictures...(the problem is that i don't have computer for the moment, i had to buy it, but i prefered buying the yellow C5 with the money !!! :)

19. stratoman

stratoman New Member

Then of someone can post it on the forum for me it would help to see for those who are still interested by this little beast...
    I received this afternoon the black one, i changed the 12ax7 with 12at7....and it's so great in my ears, the amp sound more full, great bass, treble, all seems more usable with more effect when changing the level....excuse my bad english...(i'm french...it's hard to explain things for me...), but the sound is more bluesy...i play a Fender stratocaster Mex, with Texas spécial and blender kit acme (great tone !!!), i used to have a lot of guitares in the past, but this one is really a great guitar....
    So i'm really happy with this C5 black, i wait for the yellow one, i will play them in stéréo i think !!! :), one with 12at7 the other with 12ax7...i will try with 12au7 (i had good results with my ac4tv 10')

20. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Well-Known Member VIP Member

It's good you show your location, I think your english is fine man. I can try to help you with photos, but I think a Yellow C5 that we've never seen before is worthy of it's own thread.

PM sent. :)