Connect Cables Between Jmp-1 & 9100

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Jaska, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jaska

Jaska New Member

Hi. I need help someone who own same amps. How do I connect cables between jmp-1 and 9100?
    I have rewired my 1965 cab 8omh mono cab to 16 ohm stereo. So now i can use my both side from my 9100 amp. This is how i have connect right now.
    Jmp1 L-out to 9100 chA input.
    Poweramp chA to cab input
    Poweramp chB to cab input also. (i have stereo connect in my cab.)

But if i want use my stereo effects from my jfx-1. Do i need to use both outputs from my preamp. Example:
    L-out to 9100 chA input
    R-out to 9100 chB input?
    I am little afraid cause correct ohm:s for cab.

This might had stupid question but i need to be sure ;)

Thanks for answer :)

2. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

First off, you are going to blow those speakers if you crank 100+ watts to two of them each side. If you like the 1965 cabinet then get a second and use both.

Yes if you use stereo out from JFX-1 then use both L and R INPUTS of the 9100 for stereo output.

3. Jaska

Jaska New Member

I allready play with both side. 100w with four speaker or 50w with 2 speaker without any problem. Those have three times volume buttons ( jmp-1 have volume for sounds, preout volume knob for power amp and both power amp have own volume knob for speaker so i can play in the bedroom so quietly that my girlfriend not even wake :)
    But thanks for answer :)