Complete Idiots

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by ricksconnected, Mar 14, 2019.

1. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

I've been self employed for 35+ years.

Whenever I'm selling my services, I'm very aware of my clients or future clients.

It's a sort of 6th sense that sets off the B.S. meter.

I've heard/encountered so much B.S. and will continue this in the future.

It's the nature of doing business.

Everyone makes themselves out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread or, even when found doing wrong, they're squeeky clean or God's gift.

Music has nothing to do with the music business.

I'm a verteran of the music business; textile business; furniture business and transportation business.

Your eyes should be wide open and know for a fact that, even when you're professional; respectful & courteous, your customers are not.

CYA.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sooo....where you been for the last year or so? Hope all is well!

3. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

Another me moment... I have a friend who lost his leg in an accident. Before we were good friends, I made a whoopsy poopsy and I beat myself up for it to this day. You see, every time someone asks me how much something costs, if it's an expensive item, I always say "an arm and a leg", jokingly.

So, we were jamming. He wanted to know how much it would cost him for the rig he really wants with his Telecasters. I dont recall exactly what it was, but it was up there in cost. So, naturally, I said the above.

:facepalm:

We just stared at each other for the longest time. There were other guys in the room and they all fell silent as the grave.
    Jimbob (that's what I call him) busted out laughing and kicked his prosthetic leg out... "that's so funny! I get it!" Everyone else laughed awkwardly...
    It turns out that he's not bothered by it at all and is full of puns and humor about it. It was actually our friendship bonding moment... but I could kick myself for it. I still feel like the biggest idiot on the planet. Awesome, Teryn. You're a total a-hole. :iough:

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Teryn and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  5. Teryn

Teryn Well-Known Member

Yeahhhhh... I'm really bad about being sensitive and shiznit

MarshallDog likes this.