Checked The Factory Bias Setting On My Dsl 100h...

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by harleytech, Jan 10, 2017.

1. harleytech

harleytech Member

Just sitting around today I'm still off of work from back surgery , But healing good.
    Picked up a new DSL 100H right before Christmas with the matching MX4x12 cab,
    which by the way sounds awesome. So after reading all the bias threads , I thought just for giggles I would check mine....Took it out of the head and warmed it up for a while... Stock Marshall EL-34 tubes - Pin #3 plate voltage on all tubes 460.
    Checked mv at the three pins and I had 77.5 on right side and 76.9 on left - So Not bad...
    I checked with the Weber bias calculator and for 460 and EL-34's it was 38mv times 2 = 76
    So not bad from factory. I tweaked them a little more closer to 76 and I got right side 76.3
    Left side 76.1. I figured that's about as close as I'm gonna get them so I left it, Waited about a half hour fired it up again let it sit at idle for a while and got same numbers. Done. That's 70%
    But at the very least I know now ! I wrote everything down and stashed it with the manual.
    If and when I get new tubes , It will be no problem to check the bias... Afterwards I fired it up and played for a while...Still sounds great !
    So I guess they are checking these pretty close at the factory..Or I got a good one
    Lol... I just had to know....

pedecamp, JCarno and Micky like this.