Cascading Non-mv Plexi?

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by mAx___, Apr 8, 2019.

1. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

Just click on the image and it will come up to full size.

2. mAx___

mAx___ Active Member

Heheh...did that of course, still too small for my bad eyesight...

3. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

mAx___ likes this.
  4. DesolationBlvd

DesolationBlvd Member

Yep, I used 1u while keeping the 820r, since I figured this would give it a similar response to the bright channel after looking at online calculators.

Bumping after further work, I reduced the normal channel coupling cap from 22n to 2n2. Gets rid of the remaining sub flub with my Les Paul equipped with an X2N. But, I ran into piercing highs when using a pickup with actual highs (the 85/15 in my new PRS Custom 24), and had to use the tone knob. Since you say you're using a Strat, I'd consider simply swapping the normal 22n and bright 2n2 coupling caps.

mAx___ likes this.
  5. DesolationBlvd

DesolationBlvd Member

Sorry to bump again, but I've since tweaked the cascading. I upped the normal bypass cap from 1u to 2u2 (still down from 220u and still keeping the 820r cathode resistor), and greatly prefer this value. My PRS is no longer an ice pick, but it's still not causing my Gibson to flub out.

So my finalized normal channel values when cascading it into the bright: 2u2/820r cathode, 2n2 coupling.

mAx___ likes this.