Bullet proof back packs

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by 2203xman, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CraigP

CraigP Well-Known Member

Nice assault Marshall you got there :)

Gunner64 likes this.
  2. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ruger 10-22. .22 cal. Same gun as this but this one has the factory stock and stainless barrel..so it's non menacing.

Attached Files:

Cadorman and jmp45 like this.
  3. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Digging that factory stock! I've got a stainless 10/22 also mounted in a Magpul Hunter X-22 stock.

Gunner64 likes this.
  4. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

That’s too bad but again all laws are abused. That’s how our justice system works. lol
    Nobody said life is perfect.

5. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Active Member

I can't think of another law that has been abused a thousand times in one year in one state. That rate of abuse is legendary!

Stomping on the rights of those who have as of yet done nothing wrong and may actually have just been blowing smoke off, without the slightest intent to harm anyone, out of sheer PARANOIA is absolutely wrong.

Especially when things that MIGHT make a real difference have not been done for a long time. Like identify people who are clearly mentally unstable and institutionalize them for treatment and safe keeping. Except we can't do that because Congress defunded and dismantled our national system of publicly funded mental health hospitals. Both the Republicans and the Democrats cooperated to do that. The system was not perfect but rather than fix it, they destroyed it.

We have way too many weak prosecutors and soft judges who simply let dangerous criminals run free with little or even no punishment. I say that if a person has a history of committing crimes of violence against other people, they need to be kept locked away until they really ARE reformed, however long that may take.

There's a lot that can be done without trampling on the rights of people who have as of yet done no harm to anybody but said something that maybe they shouldn't have said.

2203xman likes this.
  6. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Gun control doesn’t work. Period. If it did, Chicago wouldn’t have dozens of shootings every single week.

Treat violent criminals as such. Violent assaults and armed robbery should have minimum sentences of 10 years in prison w/no parole. Bet that gets some of the human trash off the streets.

7. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I do agree it’s too bad we don’t help the ill. Although many of the old institutions were a cluster F in their own right. Plus you still can’t just start locking people either. That tramples rights too.
    Meh, like I said before we will likely continue doing nothing while the trend goes on.

8. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

That will do nothing for school shootings or things like the El Paso shooting though.
    These people don’t care about punishment; most are hoping to be killed in the event.

2203xman likes this.
  9. tallcoolone

Unfortunately, sometimes there is nothing you can do. At least as a direct response. Best you can hope for is to get the violent sick people where they belong and away from society whenever they do harm to others.

These shootings aren't a result of lax gun laws. That's the politicos talking. If guys like Beano O Roarke didn't think he could get votes out of bringing this up he would be treating this the same way he did four years ago.

These are terrible tragedies indeed but I'm still more likely to die by lightning strike than a mass shooting.

jmp45 likes this.
  10. 2203xman

2203xman Well-Known Member

WV also has legal conceal carry without a permit.You just have to be a non felon state resident.I choose to leave mine at home unless I'm at the river or in the extreme wilderness.

Lo-Tek and MarshallDog like this.
  11. Cadorman

Cadorman Well-Known Member Premium Member

You are probably more likely to get electrocuted through your guitar cable than either of the others.

MarshallDog likes this.
  12. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

They had to figure out a way to subsidize the tax cuts for the wealthy and this was it.

Lo-Tek likes this.
  13. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I fully understand the odds of being involved are small; that's why I originally said part of me sees bullet proof backpacks as nothing more than cynical exploitation of people's fear. Of course to some extent that's true of gun marketing in general.
    Perhaps there is "nothing we can do" but that is no reason not to try something in my estimation. Although I doubt we have the resolve to really change. Our society would benefit from a drastic shift in world view that is highly unlikely to occur.
    Btw- I never said the shootings were a result of gun laws nor am I the one that brought guns into the conversation. I'm totally bored of that debate. ymmv

Gotta take care of the "job makers". lol

14. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I don't follow celebrities, never go to movies, barely watch tv etc...
    Do you have a link for this story. I didn't see anything when I searched. I just found a story about a known stalker who stalked Tiffany too. He seems pretty out there.

Why anybody would want to argue on twitter is beyond me in the first place. What a bunch of losers. For the good of society we should dump that shit! lol
    I don't have much sympathy for twitter users....

15. tallcoolone

Losing our rights as American citizens is the reason as has been pointed out several times already here.

jmp45 and Frodebro like this.
  16. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

I’m sure there are things we could try that don’t take away rights.
    It’s not like red flag laws are the only option.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  17. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

I would not consider my self “wealthy” but I got a nice tax cut!!

18. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Need to try something. Bottom line is there are more mass shootings now than when I was a kid. What we doing is nothing working anymore so that must mean one thing...there are more sick minded people out there. So lets ask the question...why?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Frodebro and Cadorman like this.
  19. Cadorman

Cadorman Well-Known Member Premium Member

Social media.

MarshallDog likes this.
  20. Micky

Micky Well-Known Member VIP Member

Lack of respect. That's the problem.

When people no longer respect themselves, their situation or life itself there is a problem. You can blame parents, teachers, leaders, politicians, whomever you want, but instead of placing blame, why not try to fix things?

There were times a while ago where every truck in the school parking lot had a hunting rifle plainly visible in the back window. Gun-free zones have created a killing ground for sick people with weapons. It is time for people to wake up and start raising their kids right, and then there would be no need for kevlar backpacks.

Today should be a day of reflection of the things that are wrong in societys today, and a reminder that as soon as we forget history we are doomed to repeat it.

jmp45 and Dogs of Doom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.