Bugera 1960 - By Elmo karjalainen, great review!

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by Filipe Soares, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Active Member

First of all, the vid is not mine (I wish I could play like that). I follow this finnish fellow for a while. for YJM tones he's a great source. He always tries things to sound like YJM on a budget. In this video, it's bugera time.

I really enjoyed the video and the amp really sounds good. as anything made by behringer the main question is "how long it will last", but it sounds good!!

The purists are probably going to curse me, but that's just another day in my life.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Deep Purple fan, steveb63 and blue like this.
  2. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

Check out Steve Senes demo on youtube............the best!

3. Filipe Soares

I'll check this out.

4. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

Well, as you know it's copied from other manufacturer's designs.
    No parts to support for it unfortunately.
    They do sound good agreed.

If you have a good tech who can repair without schematics / knows how to sub different parts etc, then it's OK.

scozz likes this.
  5. Lance Chambers

6. Lance Chambers

7. Deep Purple fan

Deep Purple fan Well-Known Member

They definitely sound great. For the money seems like a lot of amp. Now that the Marshall SV20 is out, I went in that direction. I had a brand new generation 1 Bugera 1960. Sounded great but lasted 2 hours before tubes fried and it died so I returned it. I have not heard about any unusual reliability issues with new version.

@solarburnDSL50 has this I believe and has posted some tasty licks and riffs with his Bugera. They seem to be going up in price.

solarburnDSL50 likes this.
  8. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

Jaydon Electronics in Jacksonville and Orlando FL. do warranty work for Bugera,...and over 50 other music and electronic companies.

Including every major amplifier brand you can think of,.....such as,.... Fender, Vox, Marshall, Hiwatt, Peavey, Friedman, Yamaha, Roland, Crate, Line 6, Korr, Cervin Vega, Mesa, Acoustic, Ampeg, Traynor, Tone King, and many others!

https://www.google.com/search?clien...3VYh8#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=6696400758807655014

9. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

how are you liking it? I have a Kemper profile from it, & it's my go to profile right now, even over all the other cool ones I have...

10. Deep Purple fan

Deep Purple fan Well-Known Member

It’s a great amp that is very true the original. It really is a 20W 1959 SLP. I had a vintage one, a model year 1977, 1959 SLP and a brand new HW in the past. The SV20 gives you that in a much more manageable package. My vintage amp would fry attenuators. The SV20 is very usable and the 5W setting works fine. I usually keep it at full power, I have it jumped, with volumes at or near max. I use a hot plate attenuator set at the first level to just take a bit of the volume and I usually go through a vintage 30 2x12 cab. At that low attenuation I don’t hear any tone sucking from the attenuator. I use a Maxon 808 OD in front.

I get really good Plexi tones. I use the volume on the guitar and turn on/off OD pedal to further shape depending on tune I’m playing. Sometimes I’m lazy and just keep OD on and use guitar volume to control gain. That actually works great for classic rock like Zep, Sabbath, Hendrix, Blackmore stuff, etc. Totally happy.

solarburnDSL50 and scozz like this.
  11. Marshall4Metal

Marshall4Metal Well-Known Member

I was just looking at them today. I'm getting one within the next few weeks. I've seen, heard and read enough to be confident it's going to sound fucking sick. Plexi tone at a quarter of he price i'm in.

solarburnDSL50 likes this.
  12. Filipe Soares

13. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

I had the pre- Infinium version . After a little cap tweakin' I liked it quite a bit , actually traveled with it a bit . I ended up sellin it though ...need space for better sh^t

This guy's demo cracks me up

scozz likes this.
  14. Hannahhh

Hannahhh New Member

Nice video)

15. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

I like Elmo's video, good sense of humor , good chops ...what's not to like ? A little long perhaps ,but whatever

scozz likes this.