Budda phat 12 8 Ohm for Marshall dsl 401

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by Zibolt, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Zibolt

Zibolt New Member

Hi. I have got budda phat 12 speaker and celestion vintage 30 speakers. Both of them have got 8 ohms. I would like swap my stock 16 ohms speaker with one of them - budda phat12 or celestion. There are two inputs for speakers - for internal 16 ohms and adjustable external cabinet - 16 or 8 ohms. Can I instal for example speaker budda phat12 which is 8 ohms and put it into input for external cabinet and adjust it for 8 ohms ? Is it safe for amp and speaker.
    Kind regards

2. Goldguitarguy

Goldguitarguy Member

The switch actually changes the impedance for both speaker jacks. The reason why it’s says “internal speaker 16ohms” on the rear is so people won’t change it with the original internal speaker connected. You are okay to install an 8 ohm speaker and switch the output impedance to 8ohm.

3. Zibolt

Zibolt New Member

Thank you for answer. After putting 8 ohms budda phat12 speaker amp is louder. Is it correct ? Is it good behaviour of this amp after replacement ? To be honest now this Marshall dsl 401 sounds great. It is killer after replacement. Sounds even better than my budda superdrive combo

sgmarshall likes this.