AVT 100 combo

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Billy The Mtn, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Billy The Mtn

Billy The Mtn New Member

Just picked up a AVT 100 combo for a rehersal amp. Got a good deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. Not bad if you crank it. Lower volumes It is a little buzzy sounding also depending on what guitar, Gibsons were more chunkier than the Ibanez or Strat of course. Had it out to a blues jam the other night to try it out and being the gain freak I am I had the gain and pre amp maxed and once I got the master vol up around 7 or so the little sucker was getting pretty nasty. Wasn't to loud for rhythms when you dialed the vol back on the guitar and for solos cranking the guitar it cut right through. Was in the clean and the OD 1 channel. OD 1 channel sounding more like the JCM 800 that I'm use to. Definately a tube amp guy, but this thing isn't too bad for rehersal. The JCM 800 still comes out to the gigs though.

2. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member

These old AVTs don’t get much love but they can be great sounding amps! I’ve had my AVT20 for almost 20 years now and it’s holds strong to the great Marshall tradition.

The gain channel has some really nice Marshall overdriven tones, and the clean channel is crisp with plenty of bottom end without being boomy.

I’ve had a few Marshall’s in my day, (currently a DSL and a Jcm800 mini), and this little combo can easily hang with them.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  3. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member

I have the avt50h, and Scozz you are correct they hang pretty damm well :agreed:

scozz likes this.