Australian Wildfires

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Wooferhead1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. guzzis3

guzzis3 Well-Known Member

Oow gee that's a big call. I reckon they are all unwatchable. I do tape the abc news but I only watch Alan Kohler, who is hilarious. I fast forward over all the propaganda...and sport. Oh man is sport boring....

The loony left have managed to half the already tiny abc audience over the last 15 years or so. Those ads they run telling us how important they are are a last ditch effort to stop them being sold off.

2. slide222

slide222 Well-Known Member

facts are not preaching , facts are the truth , the truth is real and is happening now ,and the experts/scientists say we have 10 years to act , and if we don't act it will be too late, that is a fact that the scientist's know and they have warned us -you can treat that as bollicks if you prefere, but lets see what weather and disasters we get this year

3. slide222

neil you are a checky cunt and have added a bit to my post

this is what I posted, and check his version , the BLUE writing -how can you have a sensible conversation with some body when, they change your post to suit the're argument and cherry pick when they quote you

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Neil Skene likes this.
  4. slide222

you would be better off posting some of the un reports there is no twisting and tweeking there or check out what the people who actually go to the artic areas regulary making doing tests have to say, a lot of concerned people , with vegitation now growing where ice was, ask the people who live and work in these areas , concerned for their futures,and guess what even they are getting the worlds plastic rubbish polluting their sea's

5. Madfinger

Madfinger Well-Known Member

A time when united was a whisper and grew into a almost reality, that was until greed corruped the ideal.

6. Neil Skene

Neil Skene Well-Known Member

Ironic isn't it.
    Thats what the alarmist/virtue signallers are doing with the data.

7. Neil Skene

A lot of facts on either side of the argument are coming from the end of the chain, and have been "groomed" somewhat or just plain propaganda.
    The earth has been both hotter and colder than now and will continue to do so.
    The data we have collected is like seas on a swell. The small erratic ripples ride on a larger more consistent wave. It is not old enough to see the large wave properly yet but it is visible if you consider. Ice age - Warming - Ice age - Warming - Ice age - Warming and so on for the life of the Sun. The CO2 might hold off an Ice age a little by warming the atmosphere, but the Ice age will definitely come. The worlds population will be reduced by billions (if we still exist) finally restoring balance.
    I think we would all benefit by calming down and controlling the damage we do and in most cases ignore as individuals. Ask yourself what have I done as an individual to help, as if you were the only person on the planet, No one else to shake your finger at. In most cases at the moment the answer is - NOTHING, I've actually made it worse :(

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  8. guzzis3

guzzis3 Well-Known Member

Gee you lot are right into it now aren't you? All pretense of restraint gone.

https://wattsupwiththat.com

Those of you who "believe" in climate change should read some of those articles. Not because they will change your minds but so you can see what I see when I read the propaganda from the UN, the Guardian, and all the other mad lefty propaganda sites. Just like the left there are some nuggets of truth in there and lots of lies. This is why you are so annoying. You don't understand enough to question what you have been told and you are too lazy/indoctrinated to care. All of you just repeat the BS.

Until you learn enough to look at the raw data and check the analysis you are just mouthpieces for the cults.

Arguing on the internet doesn't achieve anything but I suppose it's mostly harmless, other than fostering hate and division.

tallcoolone likes this.
  9. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

Unless youve been living your life in a trance you would have noticed things in this universe cant stay static. You old farts hoping to relax and stabilize when you retire are playing a losing game.
    There is no resting in this sector of the universe...so get off your ass and do some work rather than watch the News on repeat and maybe your health will turn around too.

10. slide222

oh dear neil has quoted me again , what did you change this time

Neil Skene likes this.
  11. Australian

So we have to quote you to wake you into responding do we?

12. assquatch20

assquatch20 Member

I didn't realize we had so many scholars on here. Make out already.

Also people knew this was likely to happen 108 years ago. Longer, really.

Ask the USGS, NASA, NOAA, WHO, American Medical Association, Stephen Hawking, the American Meteorological Society, the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, the Royal Society, Carl Sagan, the EPA before it was run by a coal, gas, and/or oil beneficiary, and so many more.

Never, not once in the geological record have carbon dioxide levels increased this quickly. It's roughly 100x faster than the increase after the previous ice age. The last time co2 levels were this high, sea level was 50-80ft higher. It took millions of years for plants to capture the carbon in the atmosphere and we are releasing it in a relative instant.

slide222, Wooferhead1 and fat_lenny like this.
  13. Australian

14. assquatch20

assquatch20 Member

This is Dunning-Kruger at work.

Wooferhead1 and Nik Henville like this.
  15. Neil Skene

Only a little bit :)

16. Nik Henville

Nik Henville Well-Known Member Premium Member

Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion
    David and Justin would be chuffed to see that here :applause:

:hippie::pirate::uk:

17. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Kinda seems to me arguing about man-made climate change is a prime example of "not seeing the forest for the trees"?

18. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Some good stuff right there lol, thanks!

19. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

20. Neil Skene

guzzis3 likes this.