Australian Wildfires

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Wooferhead1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Madfinger

Madfinger Well-Known Member

David Attenbro has dedidcated a lifetime to bring facts with footage of our planet from every corner of the globe to every corner of the globe. Note the word FACT! ... Climate change is real & it is a natural cycle of the planet but pollution be it jet fuel gasses being pumped directly into the stratosphere, over population & the current human dependancy on capitalism like logging and selling the most amount for the cheapest price. Waste associated with plastic products chocking the oceans ecosystem with broken down particles turning up in Antarctica are not. Most of the fires in Aus. were from over three years drought, eucalypt forest fuel & dry lightening. Sorry to break it to you.

Wooferhead1 and slide222 like this.
  2. slide222

slide222 Well-Known Member

to call david attenborough a narrater, is a grave injustice ,as madfinger say's very well indeed, he is highly acclaimed around the world for his planet earth series 1 and 2 , and was often on location around the world
    It was david that imformed the world we had a plastic problem In the world's oceans , and it was during this film making that he saw for himself of just how big the problem we face around the world , and has become an activist and has joined hands with greta Thunberg, in trying to tell the world how huge a problem this has become in our life times , in the last 100 hundred years temperatures in our atmosphere, have gone up and up and up very fast ,warmer temperatures oceans , in and around our artic regions , we had rain last year in some artic regions that was warmer than the ice it was falling on, they now are getting vegetation growing -too hot one side of the world and too wet another , all of the arable lands around in the uk , here are soaking with big puddles , and some little lakes ,how are farmers going to deal with that, think about it ,how can we expect to feed everybody ,when in the summer we get extreme heat and drought , mixed with torrential rain, but because the land is tinder box and dry the land won't soak it up and the water just rolls off filling over filled rivers that need dredging which makes the problem worse causing flash flooding and then people have sewer water a metre or more up the walls of their beloved home, and some areas have had this more than once, insurance companies refusing to pay out twice , and this is the future , hell on earth with the wild fires around the world , and torrential rain and flooding in other places around the world depending on where you live and what crazy weather your are getting at that time , the jet streams around the world have become very unstable making the weather very unstable , I watch the weather all the time ,as I kite landboard at my local beach and have done since 2003, with a little break for grade 3 kidney cancer that went to my brain in 2011, but I got my license back sep 2019, and I'm doing it again and the dunes have moved because of the regular big bashing and now get flooded round the back where they didn't , the tides are getting bigger and the car park floods more than it did

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Wooferhead1 likes this.
  3. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of misguided passion wrapped around a whole lotta hyperbole.

EndGame00 likes this.
  4. slide222

I so wish you were right , but you are not , sorry , don't take it personally

5. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Do you really think Australia hasn't suffered drought and drier drier conditions in its history?

We have longer droughts in CA for 10 years and we have not seen a significant amount of rain since... Australia is a huge continent. Every region has its own microclimate...

It's a natural seasonal cycle, but what happened recently was not due to climate change...IT WAS ARSON CAUSED BY ENVIRONMENTAL TERRORISTS... These arsonists committed the deeds and try to pass it on to the media by the alarmists that the wildfire was due to climate change... As I said, they almost got many people to believe until they got caught by the authorities.... Tell me again, how many were arrested and charged with arson?

Neil Skene and tallcoolone like this.
  6. EndGame00

Can't believe you have to bring capitalism to this...everyone is dependent on it...

Without capitalism, you wouldn't be owning that Marshall in your avatar...

Climate change is cyclical, but not the way the doom and gloomers are trying to sell... Planet Earth is still exiting the last phase of the last ice age....

What makes these alarmists a bunch of hypocrites is they tend to criticize countries who had stepped up their environmental standards while ignoring highly industrialized countries like China and India dumping more air pollutions than US, UK, Aus and Japan combined......

CA billionaire Tom Steyer, aka, Mr. Environment alarmist.... He is heavily invested in Chinese coal industry while castigating us for not buying into their crap....

That is the kind of hypocrites we see with the climate change alarmists....

Neil Skene and tallcoolone like this.
  7. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Then you should be in China protesting, period. If I believed what you seem to believe I would be risking my life to stop the destruction of our planet. Why don't you do something for gods sake lol!

Neil Skene likes this.
  8. slide222

my local school ,just down the road , and 2 more quite close kids from 4 to 10,ish , and this week the school put up banners the teachers had made with the kids , asking drivers , picking up their kids not to leave their engines running while waiting for the kids , and I sometimes go for a run around the block when my sugars are high , and sometimes I see mum's getting their spot 50 minutes before the kids come out of school,just sitting there engines running staring at their phones , and also the police this week nicked 6 drivers around the corner where the 7 years on school is because they were on top of the school gates where they are not allowed , so about time I say

let me tell you about car pollution from all car exhausts , it contains many dangerous particles , that are very very tiny and get into our blood stream and are so tiny they go through the barriers around the brain that are supposed to stop this happening and create dimentia, and many diease's we asoiate with old people, and in the case of young kids whose whole bodies are developing still particulary their brains , their lungs ,giving the kids a life time of lung problems why just .-so we can have fossil fuels
    is this the best we can do for our kids, its an outrage -just step back and take a good look
    and I am not making this up, if you have a computer , check it now the funk soul brother , that's right now

9. slide222

yea china don't they have some fog and some mask's , what you think that's only them and it will never be you , venice being lost to higher tides , as the temperatures rise each year as they are still doing , coal is the dirtest form of energy and while we burn coal we will have bigger and bigger problems ,sorry to give you the hard facts, its tough

and why shouldn't your kids have what you've had without the worry of climate change , the pollution , the unhealthy, kids that they bear that will have allsorts of health issues , just because we couldn't , wouldn't listen

10. slide222

yes that is exactly it we need business , but we need clean business , we need clean air , we need healthy soil , we need stable weather to grow our food

11. EndGame00

You’re not making any legitimate arguments....

12. assquatch20

assquatch20 Member

[​IMG]

This conspiracy goes way back, clearly.

Adieu likes this.
  13. slide222

here we are back again ,
    climate friends, and how you getting on with the homework I set you last week , watch series 1 planet earth, by sir david attenborough -(yes he has the queen above him,brandishing a bloody long sword), and if you can manage series 2 as well , alltho you may need a fresh box of tissues ,and some moral support before you carry on. and then if you could all write an esasy, describing in your own words how you felt after you were taken into the world of , sir david , the plastic in the seas, the whales eating it ,dolfins getting caught up in our waste,plastic and rubbish and dying the micro plastic in our fish we eat
    the coral reefs looking like they had been blow torched, his touching words and great camera work

Wooferhead1 likes this.
  14. slide222

nor are you , lets hear it , I show a lot a fact 's you show nothing
    it is a great topic for discussion , its better than pub banter , but I think we will know quite a lot more in 5 years time , so we will see ,but my 7 year old grandkid is learning all this at school and he knows loads , and they know why the parked cars have been told they must not run their engines while they wait ,because of pollution
    why would they do that , when all we need is some of you guys to have a talk at the school and put them all right
    I think we've come up with something here school talks by the marshall crew , imagine the saving ,but then the kids would all have lung deformities I suppose its worth it ..just to keep fossil fuel , its our mule
    ………….dirty dirty coal, its our fuel
    ............what about the kids, fuckem they're small

Wooferhead1 likes this.
  15. slide222

80 years ago we thought digging up aspestos was a wonder material and should be used to strenghten everything , but we moved on and learnt- its the same we thought fossil fuels would bring huge riches and it has , but it like a medicine for a cancer , they all have side effects , but herbs and mushrooms now ya talking , because organic works , nature is our home ,this generation has found great wealth but it has turned our home in to a rubbish tip for plastic , plastic micro beads in our sea life, it is easy to see why we may have developed a strain coming from a live food market , that we can not control , because we have rubbished our planet all the way , and now with massive population and growing migration around the war zones
    with serious concerns that this deadly virus is almost in every country now, maybe we should have kept it all a bit cleaner, and showed love and concern to our habitat, and our wildlife

Wooferhead1 likes this.
  16. Madfinger

Madfinger Well-Known Member

Should have said “capitalism gone mad” as in vast natural resources wasted to produce crap disposable items designed not to last but affordable so companies can skim $billions but remain afloat on the stock market so in turn share holders can then afford to buy more cheap crap items. EG: House hold white goods. Computers. TV sets. Mobile phones. Motor vehicles etc. etc. etc. I assume that is why some countries are pondering on how to impose a carbon tax so companies can start to reconsider their structure and marketing approach. A blind man can see things are not sustainable as is and I’ll be banned for sure if I get started on the total rubbish that major supermarkets and the big fast food chains dump on the general public for $billions profit.

I’m 100% with you that global warming/cooling is just the planets natural cycle but I’m also 100% with the new generations concerns about their future living on a sick polluted planet. David Attnebro’ over his career has seen and documented the extinctions and changes by human impact and every astronaut that returns to earth state concern is real and big changes are needed now if not too late.

BTW. The Marshall SV and cab in my avatar is one of only two amps I now have (the other a Princeton 68 Custom) and none will make landfill in my lifetime.

slide222 and Wooferhead1 like this.
  17. Neil Skene

Neil Skene Well-Known Member

What I'm about to say below is not meant as an attack, I have just stepped back and taken a look at the above quote and will comment on what I think is being overlooked on a huge scale (conveniently?)
    Most alarmists/virtue signallers have kids and grand kids. The very source of the problems we face. The on going damage they will cause during their lifetime and the probability they will also reproduce (because "its my right to do so" screw the biological load on the planet) yet people are preaching to others about the damage being done to the Earth by having a car idling for a few minutes. While they have a computer running all night typing crap on a forum that will change nothing. HOW DARE YOU! :)
    Were the people in the cars asked what load they have put on the environment personally or just pointed at as being environmental vandals.

Just in that short passage above there are huge problems a person could have addressed long ago but its too late, A perpetual damage machine has been created. Im not trying to be nasty but I think people preaching climate change should at least "just step back and take a good look" at the damage they are, have and will continue to do themselves.
    It is good that they want to look after the Earth, but do they have the courage to actually perform an act that will have an effect? (I decided long ago there were too many people on earth and did not have kids, I have missed out on a lot of things but still there was no need for more humans) educating others of their environmental shortfalls is a bit rich when the biggest changes or benefits could have been made by the preacher themselves.

jimmyjames and Nik Henville like this.
  18. Nik Henville

Nik Henville Well-Known Member Premium Member

Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion
    Me too.

I last flew in '92, I run vehicles for decades rather than years, I turned my central heating down thirty years ago, and still the buggers fly around the world, stay in top hotels and preach to us that WE should travel less, eat less, burn less, whilst they pop over to Monaco for the Grand Prix, or Rio for some aircraft pylon racing. Quit preachin' start acting - then we might take you seriously...

jimmyjames and Neil Skene like this.
  19. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Well-Known Member

A-freakin'-men!

Nik Henville likes this.
  20. Australian

Australian Green Beret VIP Member

Where your info is concerned, it has come from google satellite.

I know that monarch history and knighthood and how to greet the Buckingham Palace sentinels are the focal subjects in school over there, but did you ever learn the meaning of the word ‘atom’? It is a Greek word that means ‘indivisible’.
    When world war X breaks out, dont blink because your rectal nuclei will be in Kansas.